Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export project from AE into PP - lost features

Participant ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I made a project in AE (from scratch) where I combine to different video clips. They are in three compositions (3 chapters deep) including some opacity masks,  tracking data, and null object with one sub-composition parented to. I'm satisfied with result and want to use as a sequence in exisiting unfinishied Premiere project. However after exporting, it doesnt look the same - I've lost masks, tracking data, and some transform data as well.

Is there any sollution?

Michal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

I've managed creating new dynamic linked composition and then pasting all of the assets and data:)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

want to use as a sequence in exisiting unfinishied Premiere project. However after exporting, it doesnt look the same - I've lost masks, tracking data, and some transform data as well.

how are you exporting? show us what happened so we can be specific in our workflow suggestions.

provide additional information such as Ae version full numbers, Os version because these could be important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE version 14.0.1.5

Windows 10 Pro

There are few screenshots, I hope you can see the details;

This is the upper composition, just Warp stabilizer applied:

main comp.png

Level down - based on the bottom footage tracking data are applied to null object above. The top comp includes roto/opacity masks and transform adjustments. This one is linked to null object for tracking.

pre-comp 1.png

pre-comp 1 (b).png

The last (top) comp - still image and video. Stablilizer applied to video.

pre-comp 2.png

I export using command File- export- adobe premiere pro project. The main composition looks like this. 

PP project.png

The problem occures in it's sub-sequence:

No masks and their keyframes. Transform data correct.

PP project b.png

Null object properties. There are keyframes.

PP project c.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else can help with my problem please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However after exporting, it doesnt look the same - I've lost masks, tracking data, and some transform data as well.

you seem to not know the limitation of working across these two apps - this is not how it works. you have a few ways to work between these two applications and keeping things "Live" but this is not it. I suggest you watch this tutorial:Adobe Premiere Pro to After Effects Workflow - Tutorial - YouTube about working between both apps. in the meantime, I'd suggest you render your composition in Ae and use it in Premiere as a rendered movie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've managed creating new dynamic linked composition and then pasting all of the assets and data:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dynamic link is a way of having a self contained Ae composition in Premiere and a live connection between the two apps. Edit in Ae, you even don't have to save it - and it's in Premiere. Pro's: you don't render, you can fix things as you work without rerendering. Con's: since it has to process the layers in Ae, playback in premiere is slow, sometimes to the point of inefficient. Also other errors can creep in especially when using effects like 3D Camera tracker or Rotobrush. Advice: if you are basically done with the compositing, Render your footage to a production codec and use it as a regular clip in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any loss of quality when rendering to this codec?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when rendering to a lossless production codec there is no loss of quality. you should chose the proper codec based on your compositing settings. if 8 bit is o.k, you can use QT Animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines