• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File corruption when editing large PDF's on network - Windows 10

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client that recently upgraded to new computers with Windows 10 professional.  Some of the computers they transferred an older version of Acrobat Pro and others they purchased Acrobat DC Pro.  When they edit large PDF files over the network there appears to be some kind of disconnect that results in all changes being lost or the file being corrupted altogether.  Initially I suspected a power problem due to the power profile - computer going to sleep, network interface going to sleep etc. so I setup a group policy to make sure they were all in high performance mode and turned off the power settings in the NIC configuration.  This did help, but did not eliminate the problem.  Anybody else seen this?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some observations

- If having to work in Windows 10 one really does need to be using Adobe Acrobat DC. Use of older versions  will (to paraphrase the Rolling Stones) give no satisfaction.

- If one has to "work" PDFs do the activity with a PDF that is on the local machine. Dancing the high lines of the CAT5 lines and the jumble terrain in the server scape is a no satisfaction scenario.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines