• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects cc 2017 crashes

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to cc 2017 and I was trying to recover the project files from a previous version, yet my sounds are not playing and I can't edit my audio hardware because AE keeps crashing. Any ideas what might be going wrong? Tried reinstalling and re downloading yet no results. I have no access to "preferences" in AE since it always crashes...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without exact system info or other technical details like the actual crash info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I apologize, I'm running Windows 10 (x64). As per crash info it simple just state that the program stops working as soon as I try to open preferences. Is there a crash report I can get or other information that could be useful?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank u for ur replay
but when i press the icon of aftereffect the lap freeze all . The program (AE) only the first scene and all freeze

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My windows Is 8.1 (x64)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please read this: Known issues in After Effects CC 2017 this is a bug in the current version.

you need to reset your preferences:

Cmd+Alt+Shift and click twice to launch the App. you will be presented with a window to reset your preferences. click OK.

another way to reset your preferences is to delete of rename the preferences file that is located here:

• (Windows) \Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\[version]
  • (Mac OS) /Users/[user_name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/[version]

delete this file:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do that i wrote also the same .

This photo by mobil when the program work

I think That net frame is problem

i updated it to 4.6.2DSC_0630.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done that before creating this post, I deleted the preferences files and even reinstalled and re-elected the file again. But still no success of getting into preferences. I just need to access my audio hardware cause I can't hear anything at the moment in my projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still Waiting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I install adobe aftereffect cs6 and encoder cd6 also . after that adobe after effects cc2017 work but reference file not found i prepared it and uninstall aftereffect cs6 again .
It is work good now  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mika Beach,

Did you ever solve your issue? Please let us know what happened so we can mark your issue as resolved.

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017 crashing constantly here (Retina iMac late 2014, 32gb ram, Sierra). Seems to be to do with reorganising windows and workspaces. Very annoying and stress inducing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here, workspaces other than the default are causing AE to crash on launch.Kevin-Monahan​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey SamA,

I can't replicate your issue. Can you give us more info on your system, media, and version of After Effects?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win7 64x, GTX850M, 16gb ram, intel i5-4210M. Can't open any media in AE - it just crashes as soon as it gets past the splash screen and loads the windows. Version is the most recent, I guess that's CC 2017 14.1. This has only been happening recently, the past week-ish. Resetting preferences seems to fix it and then remaking my workspace, but upon closing and opening AE again the issue occurs (meaning I'd have to endlessly remake my workspaces - unless there's a way of exporting/importing after resetting prefs?)

There's no error message or anything, just the windows "After effects has run into a problem and crashed" etc message.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sama79411077  wrote

Version is the most recent, I guess that's CC 2017 14.1.

Resetting preferences seems to fix it and then remaking my workspace, but upon closing and opening AE again the issue occurs (meaning I'd have to endlessly remake my workspaces - unless there's a way of exporting/importing after resetting prefs?)

14.1 is not the latest version.

14.2 came out in April.

I have heard of other people having workspace issues. Do you have MIDAS installed? (It's a third party extension from Mt. Mograph.) Some people found removing it let them launch AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE for me also loads but crashes unless i load AE with ctl+alt+shift to reset preferences. Anyone know if there is a fix in the works or is it something with my system?

(Was working fine this morning then the problem started a few hours later. Adobe support renamed the preferences file and that got it loading - hence my fix to reset preferences upon AE startup but problem persists every startup unless preferences are reset)

Win 10 64x, GTX1070, 32G RAM i7-6820HK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using any third-party extensions or scripts? Are you modifying your workspaces or layouts at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Not sure if you got this solved... just updated to version 14.02

Crash before opening, delete the pref file already... any fix you can recommend....

Last log message was: <140735822881728> <Plug_Scan> <1> Total: 0.837783, PiPL: 0.0630953

Process:               After Effects [32253]

Path:                  /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2017/Adobe After Effects CC 2017.app/Contents/MacOS/After Effects

Identifier:            com.adobe.AfterEffects

Version:               14.2.1 (14.2.1)

Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        ??? [1]

Responsible:           After Effects [32253]

User ID:               503

Date/Time:             2017-10-12 09:30:33.069 +0200

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.12.6 (16G29)

Report Version:        12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey RobertD,

Sorry to hear about this crashing. You're on Mac OS, it seems. It's possible you need to correct folder permissions on your Adobe folders if the situation has gotten worse since you updated your OS. Check out this doc: Premiere Pro CC, CC 2014, or 2014.1 freezing on startup or crashing while working (Mac OS X 10.9, an...

It may help the crashing situation. If it does, please let us know. If not, return to the thread so we can get you further help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, it works perfect for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i run after effect cc2017 My lap freeze all

before with old version work good

my lap : GT70 2PE Dominator Pro | MSI Global | Laptops - The best gaming laptop provider

only after effect is hang the lap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

Since I reinstall my windows and updated all adobe softwares, including After Effects, who starts and crash every single time.

For me changing the compatibility mode to win 7 solve the problem.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am Having this same issue.

It crashes on startup. I use some customer UI panels and have for years.

I have ro rebuild the layout everyday.

I can have the same set up on an iMac and it works perfectly.  On windows it's an nightmare

scripts are all from aescripts and are the latest versions

explore shape layers

flow

reposition anchor point

ray dynamic color

& rubber hose 2 (battlaxe.co)

and also extensis univeral type client - Its for work. So I have to use that

win 10 - latest build

alienware 4.2 ghz i7

64 gb dd4 ram

gtx 1070 8gb

its a nightmare!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are those third-party scripts docked in your interface? I was in a discussion with some folks and it seems to matter HOW they are docked. If you have the panels floating, there seems to be no problem. If they're docked, it seems to matter if they're "stacked" or not. Try changing that up.

Also, try just changing to a default layout before you close AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines