Lightroom 2015.8 lastest update

Engaged ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Using Mac retinal pro 10.11.6 El Capitan

Just updated lightroom and photoshop to latest update

When 'edit in photoshop' is chosen there is not 'edit in photoshop with lightroom adjustments' anymore

Now images changed in photoshop do not automatically go back into lightroom only to hard drive then needs to

be imported into lightroom

Anyone else having this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is working OK for me on Sierra.

What type of file are you attempting to edit? You won't see the dialog for raw files as they open in PS based on your preference settings for external editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problems before update so I don't see why a problem now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated to PS CC 2017 so that camera raw is compatible in both apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep did that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only suggest you try trashing the saved prefs.

-Quit Lightroom

-Press and hold down the Opt(Alt) and Shift keys while launching Lightroom

-Keep the two keys pressed for a couple of seconds after double-clicking (control-clicking) to launch the app or launch by clicking the doc icon if you have one.

-When you release the Opt & Alt keys a  dialog box will appear asking to reset the preferences. Simply click the button “Reset Preferences”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks will try this tomorrow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When sending a RAW image to PS and both PS and LR are using the same version of ACR you don't get that dialog window asking to send the Original, a Copy or a Copy with LR adjustments. It just sends the file over to PS with whatever.

Check your settings in both the Export dialog window and the External Editing tab of the LR preferences. Also you shouldn't use the Save As option in PS. That stops the image from going back to LR. Just use the Save, Ctrl+s/CMD+s to Save the file.

You will get that dialog window if you send a PSD, TIFF, PNG or JPG to PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply

I am sending a CR2 raw image to PS from lightroom

Using your instructions above I used SAVE instead of SAVE AS and it did not give me the option of saving it as a JPEG, only just went into LR as a TIFF

How do I get back my CR2 as a Jpeg in lightroom...should I use SAVE AS for saving a Jpegs and SAVE for a TIFF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right that is set by the option selected in the External Editing tab of the LR Preferences. There are only 2 options PSD and TIFF.

You could add a second instance of PS in the second section of the External Editing tab under the Additional External Editor and in that there is an option for JPG (at least on my system there is).

But it you want a JPG from your RAW file after further edits in PS when the file is returned as a TIFF then Export that TIFF as a JPG in LR.

Sure you can use the Save As option in PS and then Import that JPG into LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 'Just shoot me'....its now making sense

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After finish editing in Photoshop simply save & close. Ctrl+S & Ctrl+W (Cmd+S & Cmd+W on Mac)

Go back to LR and select your updated tiff and export a jpeg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to save it as a Jpeg in LR from PS, not go the time consuming way of having to export as jpeg to get it back in LR

This is when I should use SAVE AS ....yes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use Save As you can certainly create a jpeg but you will need to import it into the LR Catalog from the folder you save it into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks thinking I am getting it now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photofan731 wrote:

I want to save it as a Jpeg in LR from PS, not go the time consuming way of having to export as jpeg to get it back in LR

This is when I should use SAVE AS ....yes?

Yes but then you will need to import that JPG into the LR catalog. That is if you want it in the LR catalog. Same time as saving it as a TIFF then Exporting as a JPG.

Both LR and PS are trying to give you the best, highest quality, image file by saving your RAW file as a TIFF. JPG are always compressed and that throws away data.

If you can do all your edits in LR then just export as a JPG without ever going into PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for being so patient with my query....I think I will adopt this workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you treat the tiff as your master file and export a jpeg from LR you can select “Add to Catalog” in the export dialog. So it is actually quicker than using Save As and importing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, for helping sort this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines