• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open multiple files at once?

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to tell Acrobat Reader DC to open all the pdf files in the current folder.

I'm trying to automate our accounts payable approval process, and want my supervisor to be able to open all the bills I share with him with one click and have the bills opened in Adobe so he can just go through the tabs to review them.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+A, Enter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  My next task is to automate the Ctrl+A, Enter commands so the boss only has to perfrom one double-click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously? Your boss sounds like a pretty lazy person... If they're using a Windows machine you can do it like this:

- Create a new file and call it "Open All PDFs.bat"

- Open it in a plain-text editor (like Notepad)

- Paste the following code into it:

for %%v in (*.pdf) do "%%v"

- Save and close the file.

- When you double-click it it will automatically open all the PDF files in the folder it's currently located.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I know this isn't a forum about batch files, but that opened adobe with the first file, then I had to close adobe before it opened up again with the next file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked fine for me... Are all the files in the same folder, or some of them in sub-folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the same folder.  So yours opened up Adobe Reader with multiple tabs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Acrobat XI, not Reader, so there are no tabs, but yes, they all opened in it.

Maybe try disabling the tabs feature and see if it works then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling tabs didn't work.  I get the dos box showing the batch file progress.  It pauses after opening the first file and won't continue until I close Adobe, then Adobe re-opens with the second file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm seeing now that Reader does work like that. I have no idea why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start Acrobat Reader before you use the .bat file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that too... The results were the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on your operating system, you may be able to enter the folder, do a quick 'select all'  (control-A in Windows) and press enter.  That works for me on Windows, opening all documents in a separate tab in Acrobat Pro DC.

I hope that helps.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, but if you open up adobe acrobat and then click file, then open and then hold down control or shift to highlight and choose all of your files, you can then click open and it will open them all up for you until it reaches its maximum capacity, which was 53 for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER DISCUSSIONS]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Last week I was able to select several docs then hit the adobe icon to open & they all opened. This week although I have many highlit, only one of them will open. Frustrated. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines