• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wi-Fi Tethered Capture

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered I can use the Canon EOS Utility Software to wirelessly control the Canon 5D Mark IV.  Not only that but it can do a wireless firmware update.  While I was playing with all of the remote wireless functions and thinking how cool this is, I wondered when LightRoom would have the ability to do Wi-Fi with this camera.  Wi-Fi Tethered Capture would be amazing.  With all of the phones and cameras that now have Wi-Fi capability, when will LightRoom get into this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

It appears that LR can tether wirelessly to Canon cameras using the Canon utility.  See this post: Lightroom 2015.8: Canon 70D Wifi Tethering broken with the new update | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user form in which Adobe product developers rarely participate.  I suggest you post your feedback on the official Adobe feedback forum: Photoshop Family Customer Community .

An observation: A fair number of people have asked Adobe to support tethering Sony cameras.  For the past number of years, Sony has provided an SDK that allows applications to tether using Wifi, but they've never provided an SDK for tethering over a cable. In a discussion about this SDK, an Adobe employee suggested that Adobe engineers thought the SDK was not "suitable" for tethering. 

It may be that what they meant was that because the Sony SDK didn't support tethering over a cable, it wasn't easy for LR to add support for Sony tethering.  But that's an educated guess on my part.   Best to post your feedback in the other forum and see if Adobe responds.  (They sometimes do but often don't.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It appears that LR can tether wirelessly to Canon cameras using the Canon utility.  See this post: Lightroom 2015.8: Canon 70D Wifi Tethering broken with the new update | Photoshop Family Customer Co...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines