• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading on my new Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My new Lightroom CC sometimes (but not always) downloads my photos in a random order, not the order in which they were taken. In the past, when this has happened, LR seems to have made its own adjustment and properly re-ordered the photos on its own after I closed and re-opened it. this last time, this has not happened. My newly downloaded photos are still in some random order. Not sure what to do about this. Can someone help? What's really curious is that this downloading snafu, itself, is random. Sometimes it works fine. I wonder if my copy of LR is corrupted.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

This has been a problem for some time.  Lightroom occasionally changes sort order.

In Library, Grid View, in the lower Tool Bar below the grid, click on the "Sort" drop down menu in the lower left corner of the grid to select the order that you are looking for.  If you do not see this Tool Bar, hit the letter "t" on the keyboard.

Screenshot 2016-12-22 13.53.29.png

If you see the Tool Bar but not the "Sort" Menu, click on the arrow on the right side to get this Menu:  Click on "Sorting".

Screenshot 2016-12-22 13.56.07.png

You can also get there by the View>Sort>

Screenshot 2016-12-22 13.56.54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop Lightroom​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a problem for some time.  Lightroom occasionally changes sort order.

In Library, Grid View, in the lower Tool Bar below the grid, click on the "Sort" drop down menu in the lower left corner of the grid to select the order that you are looking for.  If you do not see this Tool Bar, hit the letter "t" on the keyboard.

Screenshot 2016-12-22 13.53.29.png

If you see the Tool Bar but not the "Sort" Menu, click on the arrow on the right side to get this Menu:  Click on "Sorting".

Screenshot 2016-12-22 13.56.07.png

You can also get there by the View>Sort>

Screenshot 2016-12-22 13.56.54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Import dialog (in expanded view) also has a sort order option so you see the images to import in a sorted order.

ScreenShot019.jpg

Consider this- Image files saved to camera cards or hard-drives are never in any 'sorted' order, they just fill any random space on the recording media allocated by the operating system of camera or computer. It is the software you run that arranges the files in the sort order you select.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines