• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe X Pro & How to Batch PDF's

Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

I'm wanting to create a batch process using data in an Excel spreadsheet.  I've been able to import data a row at a time with X Pro to populate a single PDF, but only 1 at a time.  (very manual)  I have multiple rows of data in Excel

Is it possible to write a JavaScript in Adobe to batch to PDF? 

If so, can someone guide me or help me out with the process or writing the script.  I've never done this.

Thank you  

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi xprouser,

You've posted in the Lounge, a non-technical forum for creative discussions. I'll move this post over the the appropriate Acrobat forum.

Are you using Windows? That Acrobat PDFMaker tab in Excel for Windows has a very robust exporting capability. Let us know what OS and version, and what Excel version you're using.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's possible to do it with a script, but it's not a simple task for someone without any experience with writing scripts for Acrobat.

There is an alternative, though. You can use the Mail Merge command (this is what this process is called) in Excel, if you have the Adobe PDFMaker plugin installed. You'll find it under the Acrobat ribbon, if that's the case.

If you don't have this option available to you, or just want a more flexible way of doing it from within Acrobat, you're welcome to check out this tool I've developed that does just that: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Mail Merge and Email

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines