• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange issue with Lightroom on a Mac

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem just cropped up.  I have 25,000+ photos in a single LR catalog, running on a Mac.  I have recently upgraded both the operating system and LR (to 6.8).

I just noticed that Lightroom is making changes to photos that I haven't edited for a long time.  When I go into a folder with photos from, say, 2013, Lightroom changes all photos to a 4X3 crop and makes changes to the exposure settings as well.

If I go to my backed up catalogs, it appears I have to go back at least six weeks (which was prior to both upgrades) so that this doesn't happen.  Of course I can use a backed up catalog and transfer my recent photos from my current catalog to the backed up catalog, then switch over to it, so that I don't have to manually edit the photos that LR has altered.  But there is no guarantee this won't be repeated when I save the new catalog.

I haven't gotten very far into investigating this yet, but I thought I would post this to see if any other LR/Mac users have run into the same problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Two things to try.

Reset the LR preferences. http://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

In the Develop module open the develop menu item and select Set default Settings. When the dialog box opens select "Restore Adobe Default Settings".

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things to try.

Reset the LR preferences. http://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

In the Develop module open the develop menu item and select Set default Settings. When the dialog box opens select "Restore Adobe Default Settings".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the second suggestion and that seems to have fixed the problem.  Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon.  The problem has not been fixed.  Unbelievably, LR is still auto-cropping my photos to 4X3.

It seems that the issue is confined to photos that I shot with a Nikon D600 that I used from late 2012 to early 2014.  Photos taken before that period, which were a mixed bag of point & shoots, scans and a low-end Canon DSLR, are unaffected.  Photos I have taken since early 2014, when I upgraded to a Nikon D800, are similarly unaffected.

This has me shaking my head.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select one of those images and do the same process. I also suggest you delete the LR preference file once you have reset the Default develop settings. Close LR and delete the preference file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Deleting the LR preference file seems to have done the trick.  Fingers crossed.  Thanks for your help, and happy holidays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines