Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to Pull More Information from the Datasource

Engaged ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy Holidays Everyone!

I have set up one Web App and then another. One of them pulls another Web App item using the field type, datasource, and then selecting the Web App. This is easy enough when using it for online application and clicking on the insert Web App item to its own detail page. However, I would like to drop all of the details for that Web App item into the layout of the Web App item getting that information.

For example, the current set-up has this:

Name

But I would like to include the other fields within that web app's details, such as

Name

Address

City, State, Zip

Without having to click through. In other words selecting the datasource item in the drop down, places all of that web app item's detail information in the detail of the parent web app.

Is this possible?

I was thinking of iframe perhaps including the detail page of the child web app.

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Teejay

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Partly, that is pretty old way.

Use liquid. Module for web app and item using data source ID on the detail page of the other webapp. Set as collection with no template. Data will be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have found the solution here Add broker details to a real estate in a web app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Partly, that is pretty old way.

Use liquid. Module for web app and item using data source ID on the detail page of the other webapp. Set as collection with no template. Data will be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I discovered that too and it's working perfectly.

Thanks, Liam and Happy Holidays!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines