Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse CC (2015.2) keeps asking for update

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Obviously I know it's a couple of days until Christmas so you're probably all off on your breaks so this isn't completely urgent but it's been doing this all week, when I open up Muse every time, it is asking me if I want to update or ignore, I imagine it needs to update to 2017 version as 2015.2 is an update from June this year? When I click on update it doesn't do anything and takes straight into the software which still says is 2015.2.

I noticed an older thread from a couple of years ago that suggested they look in their Applications folder as there might be a second installation, well I don't have that, I have only the one that opens.

I have also tried uninstalling the software and re downloading it but I keep getting the 2015.2 version which then I'm looped back into asking for an update that doesn't update...

Any help would be awesome!

Cheers,

Jonathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

The newest Muse version needs at least Mavericks (macOS10.10): https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does your CC desktop app say? It you install from there, it normally works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Says Adobe Muse CC 2015, that's the one in my dock and the one I use to open Muse but every time I open that one it is taking me to the 'update' screen. My version still says 2015.2 and I know there was a new installation in December so something is not updating properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then try this:

• Open the CC Desktop App

• Open the "Apps" tab.

• Scroll to "Muse" and click onto the small gear to the right.

• Choose "Uninstall"

• Afterwards reinstall Muse by use the CC Desktop App again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I tried this the other day but it didn't help, so I'll try again...

I've uninstalled using the CC desktop app (on a Mac so it's up in the right hand corner), but on the install tab, the latest installation is 2015.2 - but according to Muse CC new features | Responsive design enhancements  2017 was released on Nov 2nd 2016 - but on installing 2015.2 and opening the app it again tells me I can update but then doesn't update and I get stuck in an infernal loop again...

Hang on a second...

I just checked OS requirements, my Mac is about 4 years old and I never updated my OS past Mavericks, does the 2017 version not run on Mavericks? Is that why version 2017 is not showing in my CC app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest Muse version needs at least Mavericks (macOS10.10): https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

10.10 I think is Yosemite, I'm on 10.9 which is Mavericks - I should really update anyway but I had issues updating to Mavericks so kind of left it there! I'll try after Christmas and see what happens, thanks for the help though and all the best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines