• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I stretch a 2 frame GIF to work as a jpeg?

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is the gif

mãos.gif

I wanted it to be in a loop so i could work with scale and positions etc

Does anyone know any solution? Thanks

The comp stays like this btw

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

You can enable Time Remapping by Right-clicking>Time>Enable Time Remapping (Opt+Cmd+T)

Two things will happen:

1) You'll see two keyframes appear, one for your beginning and one for your end frames

2) You can now extend your layer as long as you want

Leave the where they are and extend your layer by however much you want. Then Opt+Click the stopwatch for Time Remap to add an expression and paste this

loopOut("pingpong")

This will simply bounce back and forth between those two keyframes for the length

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can enable Time Remapping by Right-clicking>Time>Enable Time Remapping (Opt+Cmd+T)

Two things will happen:

1) You'll see two keyframes appear, one for your beginning and one for your end frames

2) You can now extend your layer as long as you want

Leave the where they are and extend your layer by however much you want. Then Opt+Click the stopwatch for Time Remap to add an expression and paste this

loopOut("pingpong")

This will simply bounce back and forth between those two keyframes for the length of the layer. Now you can scale and position it however you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use David's method if you want it to loop forward and then in reverse and then forward again (hence "pingpong") but if you want for any video footage to just loop again and again, you can use the interpret footage dialog in the project window. right click on the footage->interpret footage->main and set the loop to whatever you want (most of us use 99 - it does not cost anything). you can also set the desired frame rate here and experiment in the footage window (click on the footage twice) i.e you don't need to have a composition to experiment.

when you are ready drag the footage to a timeline or create one from the footage itself by right clicking->new comp from selection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you veryyyy much guysss problem solved!!!!!!!

But theres one more issue, i think its a little more simple.

The gif mentioned was exported on photoshop with no bg, but in AE it goes white, how could i change it? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

instead of exporting the file as a GIF, render your video in photoshop: file->export->render video

using these settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines