Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong sorting of Files after import

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the problem that after the import of photos of my iPhones the files are correctly renamed after recording date, however, copied to wrong folders. For example, the folder 2016/12 contains photos with a recording date from December 2016 and photos from May 2016 or December 2015.

Overall, I imported about 6500 photos. Moving all files by hand would be very complex. The photos are also available on the iPhone.

Does anyone know this problem and may have a solution for me?

Many Greetings

Markus

My operating system is Windows 10 Pro with LR 2015 CC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the details you used in the Destination Panel?

ScreenShot020.jpg

I suspect you may have renamed the files by date, but had the 'Organize' option set to [into one folder].

Do not re-import. It is easily possible to use the Metadata Filter to select photos by date (Year, Month, Day) and drag them to appropriate folders in the folder panel. (Right-click in the folders panel to create new folders.)

ScreenShot021.jpg

The date format options in the import dialog are also very confusing (they were for me!).

ScreenShot022.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

Basically, I leave each photo when importing rename. This looks like this: YYYYMMDD_HH-MM-SS_FileName

My folder structure is e.g. 2016/01 ... 2016/12 etc. As I always do.

During the import, however, the files are curiously copied partially to the wrong folder. Some photos of a series are e.g. Copied to the correct folder, others turned into a completely different one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry can not be of more help.

Another expert in metadata may be able to check if Lr is not reading the iPhone files metadata correctly.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines