• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text frame overflows without reason (screenshots included)

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have a problem with text frames in Japanese language. If I write text into a frame and it remains on the first line, all is fine. If the text is longer than the frame width, the text disappears and the overflow mark + appears. However, the text is supposed to continue on the next line. If I keep on typing characters blindly, nothing shows up until I have typed in 32 characters to the text frame. Then suddenly everything becomes visible as illustrated in the screenshots below.

The 32 characters is not a rule, and sometimes text just never appears no matter what I do. Below are screenshots illustrating the problem. This is not a display problem only. If I try to export the file into PDF when there is "non-showing text", the export process exits to an error and there is no PDF output.

Operating system: Mac OS 10.10.5

Adobe InDesign CC 2015.4 Release 11.4.1.102 Build

I have been unable to duplicate this problem with roman alphabet, although I cannot guarantee that it does not happen.

Figure (1). Text appears normally when its width is less than the first line.

スクリーンショット 2016-12-24 16.30.57.png

Figure (2). Text disappears when I resize the text frame to make it smaller.

スクリーンショット 2016-12-24 16.31.09.png

Figure (3). Text reappears when I blindly type in letters to hit 32 characters total.

スクリーンショット 2016-12-24 16.41.41.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Probably due to the customized Mojikumi(文字組み) or Kinsoku(禁則) settings of the paragraph(段落) panel. Try other settings.

キャプチャ12271235.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines