• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text turning to garbage in mobile app only.

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! So I recently released a PDF book to the market, and I have had 3 customers complain that the PDF is showing up with garbage instead of text, but only on the mobile app. I loaded the mobile app onto my ipad, and it reads fine in iBooks but still has the garbage text. The problem doesn't occur on the mobile devices when using other readers, or in browsers. On my desktop, using the adobe reader program I get no errors, and i get no errors in any browser or other PDF readers.

I've attached some screen shots of the PDF working in safari on an ipad, and the exact same pdf not working in adobe reader on the same ipad. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
IMG_0685.PNG

IMG_0687.PNG

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please supply us with some more information as to how the PDF file was actually created (i.e., what tools), what fonts were used, and whether the fonts are embedded in the PDF file.

Also, if you could post a small sample PDF that exhibits this issue, we might be able to determine what exactly is going on.

That having been said, I have seen similar symptoms with some PDF files icreated by crufty third party tools in which the fonts were not embedded and there were defective mapping tables.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try to open the PDF from ur PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the doc can open from my PC but does not open on mobile.

On mobile only the pictures display correctly, the text comes as gibberrish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines