• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse not working in some menu items

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new computer and have downloaded and set up Creative Cloud plus latest versions of Acrobat DC, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Bridge. Everything is working ok except InDesign. InDesign wont let me select anything from the first 3 menu items (which includes File, Edit, layout) with the mouse. I can click on the 4th menu item and use my cursor to flick back to the other three. It is forcing me to learn and use lots of short cuts but it's driving me mad. I've scrapped the preferences and restarted which does fix the problem for 1 session, only to return the next time I run InDesign. I've dumped the whole program and re-loaded. That didn't fix it either. Has anyone had anything similar happen and is there a fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

The display settings:

settings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Windows 10 with additional Samsung monitor -- no new driver available -- still on Windows 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any scaling set in Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understand the question. Scaling of what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The display settings:

settings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes. Laptop is at 125% Samsung at 100%. Will try both at 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now  can't read the laptop screen it's so small. This was not an issue with my last version of  InDesign (2015). Is there any chance this might be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't heard of this being a problem with Windows 10. Does it work with a different mouse?

Do you have scaling set in your InDesign preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I changed scaling on the main screen (laptop) from the recommended 125% to 100%. This makes everything very small and pretty much unreadable. However It does fix the problem on the Samsung monitor. I will download InDesign 2015 and check whether there are any similar issues with that on the new PC. The old one worked fine with scaling set to 125% on the laptop (main) screen and 100% on the Samsung monitor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines