• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jagged/hexagonal flash lines. Unable to work! Perhaps a stabilizer issue?

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that whenever I try drawing with the brush tool in Animate CC, curved lines get chopped and straightened immediately. Not in the same way that an increased smoothing setting does, more hexagonal. Along with this it seems to only happen when I draw faster and not when I draw slowly. I've included examples below:

Along with that I included my current Drawing preferences if it makes any difference.

Any responses to this issue would help immensely!

Thank you for reading!

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]
[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

If you use a mouse or trackpad and do similar speed drawing, does the same problem show up? If the tablet has its own mouse, make sure to test with a normal USB or wireless mouse for comparison.

There are a lot of debates about getting less smooth lines (in other programs, not in Animate). Some of them solved the issue by getting later Wacom drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple of thoughts:

Do you see the same results if you mouse around as compared to using a stylus and tablet?

Is this on Mac or Windows?

My hope is that you're using stylus, and there's some sort of 'readings per second' aspect to that. I wouldn't know how to fix the problem then, but it would be good to know if it's a factor.

For me, on trackpad, I seem to be able to draw at any speed and I end up with the same shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Wacom Intous Small tablet and I use a Windows PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you use a mouse or trackpad and do similar speed drawing, does the same problem show up? If the tablet has its own mouse, make sure to test with a normal USB or wireless mouse for comparison.

There are a lot of debates about getting less smooth lines (in other programs, not in Animate). Some of them solved the issue by getting later Wacom drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines