Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PROBLEM: Setting Frame Rate

Guide ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE CC 2017.0 Release:

I use AE to compose animations rendered in a 3D program. Prior to this release, I always set the Assumed Frame Rate to the desired rate: 24, instead of the default 30. But with this version, after I set the rate to 24, when I SAVE the file it RETURNS to the original 30!

Of course, this stops me in my tracks. Is this just a HUGE BUG, or is there a workaround to this problem?

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Of course, this stops me in my tracks. Is this just a HUGE BUG, or is there a workaround to this problem?

see here: Known issues in After Effects CC 2017

couple of workarounds here: Re: AE CC 2017 - BIG Bug interpreting the FPS of the sequence of images

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, it's my lucky day and CHAT IS CLOSED.  😞  This is weird, because when I go to the chat page, it tells me "Chat Now -- Support agent is available" and the "chat now" link is live. But when I open the chat window, I learn that my chat session has "timed out." Apparently, AE isn't the only thing at Adobe that's broken right now.  😞

At this moment, AE is useless to me in this project without the ability to change the frame rate of loaded image sequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see here: Known issues in After Effects CC 2017

couple of workarounds here: Re: AE CC 2017 - BIG Bug interpreting the FPS of the sequence of images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, man. This saved my day.

This is the problem with the whole CC model: when there's an update, there can be HUGE BUGS in it, and there is little we can do, since older versions of the software are deleted. This really can be extremely unfair to loyal, paying customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the problem with the whole CC model: when there's an update, there can be HUGE BUGS in it, and there is little we can do, since older versions of the software are deleted.

I think the bugs in the initial release is a very big problem. I have shared my discontent in this post

about older versions: you don't have to remove older version upon updating and you can have all of Ae's version way back to CS6 which I do.

keeping previous versions installed when installing CC 2015 applications | Creative Cloud blog by Ad...

Download/Install FAQ: How do I install previous versions of Creative Cloud Apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again. The setting via Update All: Advanced Options to not delete older versions is exactly what I needed!  :+)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines