• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR error when Photoshop is open.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot2016-12-22 22_22_35.jpgI'm on a Mac with the latest OS and I get this Lightroom error MANY times each session when I use the "edit in" command to send images from LR into Photoshop. I'm not trying to import anything. I'm working on the image in CS and this fires off. It's made doubly annoying because although Siri is COMPLETELY turned off in prefs LR access her somehow and then she reads it to me EACH time the error pops up. The error itself is bogus because I am NOT trying to import the photo it's complaining about rather it has been sent from Lightroom to Photoshop and is being worked on there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thought-

Do you have this set in the Photoshop preferences/File Handling?

ScreenShot023.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do. But the file is being worked on in PS, not saved nor exported. LR gives what has to be a bogus error since it's saying it can't import the file and it's already IN the LR catalogue and has been sent to PS to be edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS..speaking of PSB files, I sure wish LR could read and catalogue those as I often do large Format film scans that are to large for either PSD or TIFF after working on them in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your problem is beyond my knowledge, and requires an expert answer.

But a thought is- If you 'Edit In' using a raw file image (NEF, CR2, etc), then a new file is not created until you actually 'Save' the file in Photoshop (and what are your 'Save' options in PS?). This is when Lightroom will become aware of the new pixel file and add it to the catalog (ie. a secret "import")

When do you see the error messages? Random? or when you do some specific action.

Is it possible that Photoshop is doing automatic "Saves" that trigger the error?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's MOSTLY scans so they are TIFFs not RAWs. AND..I'm still working on the file in PS, not saving, when the errors start to fire off. Right now I'm moving files inside LR to a different folder and came over her to respond and that error posed up. It's pretty random. But thanks for the idea. It will be something like that will eventually solve the problem I bet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try searching the forums for info about TIFF files.

eg.  Cannot import TIFF files into lightroom cc. Error message: the files use an unsupported compression...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but the files are already in my LR catalogue and have been processed there then sent to PC so the format of the file is just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please describe the exact step you are taking when sending a image to PS.

Are these RAW files or some other file type?

You say you aren't saving anything. That is almost impossible if you want to add the edits you are doing in PS to the actual file. You must save it at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure I save it when I'm done. But this error fires off several times before I get to that point. So no, NOT impossible at all. As to how I get it from LR into PS, I right click on the icon of the file I want to edit and choose "edit in", "Edit in Adobe Photoshop 2017". And as I said before the files are mostly TIFFs (from an Epson scanner) but it can be a DNG file or even a PSD file previously worked on in PS.  The file format doesn't seem to matter. It just happens while I'm working in PS with LR open in the background. I usually choice "Edit with Lightroom adjustments" unless it's a file I've already worked on in CS. In that case I select "edit original" to preserve the layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A possibility:

Is the folder containing the photos you are working on in Photoshop set as a watched folder for Auto Import in Lightroom?

If PS does automatic file saves while you are editing that may trigger the LR popup each time as filesize/ file date would change.

(And LR cannot complete the process because the watched folder has incorrect folder permissions for LR.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use that feature. I used it for Tethered capture before but no longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, when I DO save the file it saves just fine. But it goes to a different folder so as to not overwrite the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines