• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

?:0: Attempt to index a nil value

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LIghtroom 2015.7. When I click Auto Import: Auto Import Settings I receive the following error message

Unexpected Error preforming command: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value

Did not have the problem till the recent update. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Lightroom.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Try to reset the preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

These are not reset by uninstalling and reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to reset the preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

These are not reset by uninstalling and reinstalling.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, tried the preference reset, no luck.

Win 10 fresh install, LR 6.8 fresh install no plugins, Thinkpad W520.

Auto import worked for a bit, then I went back into Auto Import Settings to change something, this error message appeared and since then auto import has not worked at all - and of course, if I can't change things, it's not useful anyway.

I have use Auto Import before (different system) to good effect, an need it for the workflow I have in mind at an upcoming event.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug was introduced in CC 2015.8 / 6.8 and has been acknowledged by Adobe: Lightroom 2015.8: Cannot access Auto Import Settings form File menu | Photoshop Family Customer Comm... . The only known workaround is to roll back to 2015.7: Lightroom roll back to prior update version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John.  I've rolled back and can now manage auto import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines