• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I upload my RAF files from my Fuji XT-10...I have to wait for another upload that then converts to DNG

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What am I doing wrong. Yesterday, I didn't wait. I watched while the RAF files uploaded...Pulled out the SD card, and stupidly formatted the card. When I went back I got "could not find this file".   What am I doing wrong?  Thank you  and Happy Holidays...

Rick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

It is doing that because you asked it to...by selecting "Copy as DNG" at the top center of the Import screen.  If you don't want DNG, select "Copy"

Screenshot 2016-12-25 12.02.21.png

With "Copy as DNG", Lightroom first copies the RAFs to the folder you selected and then converts them to DNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Lightroom could not find the file, then you have most likely (accidentally) imported using the ADD option, and so Lightroom is looking for the photos on the camera card, and they are not on the camera card. (By the way, from now on let's talk about "importing" and not "uploading", as in your case the photos got imported, but not uploaded)

In the future, when the photos are on the camera card, you want to use the COPY option and specify a folder location on one of your hard disks to copy the photos to.

Uou might want to look into recovery software to see if you can recover the photos from the formatted camera card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you...not sure if were on the same page. BTW I am on a MAC.  I insert the SD Card. I watch while my RAF(which are the RAW files from Fuji)are imported. Having done this many times before without a problem because LR CC recognizes the Fuji RAF files, why now is LR not recognizing the RAF files and having to convert to DNG files after the RAF files have been imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean "having to convert to DNG files"? Nothing in LR forces you to do that.

Please explain what is happening in a lot more detail.

And where does the "could not find this file" message that you talked about fit in???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Admittedly, first and foremost, I have a lot to learn about LR.  Okay.  I insert the SD card into the card reader or into the MAC sd card slot. The images, which are RAW files and which Fuji calls RAF, are imported into LR. When the import is completed, another import starts??? and it's labeled DNG.  Again, I don't remember that happening before. Before, I would import the RAW(RAF fuji RAW files)to LRcc and then "develop" them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the import dialog select Copy instead of Copy as DNG. With Copy as DNG is selected first the images are copied from the memory card into a folder and then converted to DNG. Which then LR erases the RAF files.

The problem you might be having is you removed the memory car to soon. Not all if any RAF files got copied off the card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It's possible, but the import shows finished.  Though I am now getting that message that the card was removed too soon.  I will try it now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, right now it says "Copy and Import Photos and its doing that. I finished and now starting over saying converting to DNG. It's done importing...and the images are DNG.  But why now does it import the RAF's then Convert to DNG when LR recognizes the RAF files and it never used to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have selected COPY As DNG instead of just COPY when you Import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I make that selection.? I insert the card, LR recognizes the import and just starts importing the RAF files.

Thank you! I don't mean to be a pain, really.  I also heard something about the last update having issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's at the top of the Import dialog box

2016-12-25 12_05_29-Settings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it!!!!!!! Thank you all for you help and patience!!!!! Happy Holiday's and have a Happy Healthy New Year!

Rick Smith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because in the Import dialog window you have selected, at the top of that screen, Copy AS DNG. You need to Select Copy not Copy as DNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is doing that because you asked it to...by selecting "Copy as DNG" at the top center of the Import screen.  If you don't want DNG, select "Copy"

Screenshot 2016-12-25 12.02.21.png

With "Copy as DNG", Lightroom first copies the RAFs to the folder you selected and then converts them to DNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines