• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What lens profile is most similar to a Fuji Film XT10?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This camera does not have a lens profile. I have read that Lightroom automatically corrects for this Camera, but I don't think it does (When I try another Fujifilm profile, it looks less distorted). What profile would you suggest would accommodate my camera best. My actual lens is a Fujifilm XF 18-55 zoom. Thanks.

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to Lightroom forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

There is no lens profile for this camera. The lens corrections have already been applied.

See Work with lens profiles in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Camera Raw

2016-12-25 11_31_36-Work with lens profiles in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Camera Raw.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no lens profile for this camera. The lens corrections have already been applied.

See Work with lens profiles in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Camera Raw

2016-12-25 11_31_36-Work with lens profiles in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Camera Raw.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The X-T10 is an interchangeable lens camera. To my knowledge (I own a X-E2) it uses the same exact sensor as the X-E2 and X-T1.

It also uses the same exact lenses as all other X series cameras and all the profiles for all the Fuji lenses are built into LR.

I own the 18-55mm lens and LR makes the correct adjustments for it.

What you don't want to do is place a check mark in the "Enable Profile Corrections" check box. With this option unchecked this is what you get when clicking on the "i" icon near the bottom of the Lens Correction section of the Develop module.

X-E2 18-55 lens correction info.PNG

So no manual correction or selection of lens profile is needed.

If you are shooting JPG images then the corrections are applied "In Camera" to the RAW Data coming from the sensor before it is saved as a JPG to the memory card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines