• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please provide step-by-step instructions how to add an attachment to an Adobe Acrobat DC Pro document?

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir or Madam, I have produced a large report using Adobe Acrobat DC Pro software and need your expertise. Please provide step-by-step instructions how to copy an attachment (with file content) into my PDF document. I am using Windows 10. Thank you. Note: I produce a couple of reports that contain about fifty letter size pages each. I am finding this new DC software so much more difficult than simply using DropBox. Your advise please.

My error in typing my first try at this Adobe Community. I am tired and past my bedtime.

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat and Dropbox are two very different things...

To attach an existing file to a PDF open the Attachments panel on the left side of the window (it has an icon of a paperclip), and then just drop the file into that panel and save the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MY ERROR

Your instruction was right on. Now that I have dropped the file into the panel, Please instruct me on how to copy or move the PDF to the disired position in my document. Thank you. Earleb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean... What document are you referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attachments don't have a position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey try67, I apologise for not being as clear as I should have been. My original 50-page report was saved as a Word document. I saved it to the PDF format after proof reading it. Soon after, I discovered a few files needed to be added. Thanks for your continued support. earleb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean you need to add more information to the PDF, to make more pages? If so, Go back to the Word document, add it there, and make the PDF again. Keeping the original and re-making the PDF is the (sometimes endless) way of working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try67, Yes, I want to add a file to my PDF and will exercise your suggestion. I have wasted so much time using this DC Pro software that the DropBox transfer, which is much easier and faster, may be the best solution to my problem. Your comments please. Thanks again try67. Earle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't imagine how you are comparing DropBox to Acrobat. Does it let you combine PDF files into one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir or Madam,

Dear Test Screen Name, Thanks for your comment. I produce financial statements and other data about twice a year. Each report contains about fifty letter size pages, mostly script and numbers. I also needed a product that would enable me to make changes easily and to add outside files.I assumed the DC Pro software would be the ideal software. So far it has taken more than a month, including communicating via e-mail and phone with seven Adobe techs and three supervisors. One problem was solved by an excellent colleague of yours, the other, attaching a file to my report is outstanding. Perhaps you have a solution? I am not tech savy but have more than fifty years of hands on business experience that included three profitable start up enterprises. I sold them about nineteen years ago and retired, pocketing my family with a satisfying and comfortable lifestyle. I wish that you and your loved ones, have a healthy, satisfying and prosperous New Year and with many more to follow. Earle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question about attaching a file was answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on all the information you provided, I am pretty sure that you don't want to attach a document, but insert pages into an existing document. As was already explained, the most straight forward method to do that is to actually modify your original document and then convert to PDF again. This way, all the formatting will be exactly like you've designed it. If that is not an option, or if all the new information is truly just new pages, without the need to modify any existing pages, then you can insert pages from a second document. The easiest way to do that is to open both documents (the one that is the source of your new pages, and the one  that is the target), open the page thumbnail navigation panes for both documents  and then drag and drop the pages from source to target, making sure that you pick the exact drop location (there will be a vertical bar indicating, where the pages will be inserted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hell Karl,

Your reply to me back in December 27, 2016 was excellent.

I haven't needed this application until now.

I need to attach a Adobe scanned photo into a Word or Adobe newspaper article. See attached.. Will the photo cover the text in the report page?

Which symble in the above will I select. to attach the photo?

I am using Windows 10 and Outlook 2016 in my PC.

Regards,

Earle R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines