Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wordpress blog 'responsive' not working when embedded inside Muse

Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Muse 2017.01.11 and have embedded a blog using an iframe in the 'add html' feature in the object menu:

<iframe src="https://webcontentwriterbrisbane.com.au/webcontentwriterblog" width="100%" height="1500" marginwidth="0" frameborder="no"></iframe>

I've been testing the blog on my iPhone 6: the theme I'm using (Site Origin's 'North') is fully responsive, and when viewed independently of Muse works perfectly. But when navigated to from within Muse it doesn't work fully: after clicking 'read more' on a post it's no longer responsive, unless I view it landscape, then it is, except it scrolls to the next post. I've found the read more function very unpredictable.

I've added screen shots to illustrate the problem

I've been in touch with the theme developer but they say this is an issue with Muse

Can I have some help and guidance with fixing this please?

IMG_1897.PNGIMG_1896.PNGIMG_1898.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

This may not be a Muse issue. Most likely it is a problem of the iframe in iOS. Try this widget Dropbox - [PH]Full_height_responsive_iframe.mulib . If this does not work, nothing will help (IMO).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may not be a Muse issue. Most likely it is a problem of the iframe in iOS. Try this widget Dropbox - [PH]Full_height_responsive_iframe.mulib . If this does not work, nothing will help (IMO).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The them itself may use scripts that conflict with the iFrame. If it has options for that or you are able to customize the WP stuff, try a fixed width layout.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HazelEm wrote:

I'm using Muse 2017.01.11 and have embedded a blog using an iframe in the 'add html' feature in the object menu:

<iframe src="https://webcontentwriterbrisbane.com.au/webcontentwriterblog" width="100%" height="1500" marginwidth="0" frameborder="no"></iframe>

width="100%" is not a valid entry for an iframe... you get get a default min by the browser or nothing at all.

work around I offen use is stretch to browser but the iframe mshom​ posted works well in my sites too

Screenshot (502).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's ridiculous because that iframe, exactly as it is, came from Terry White, Adobe's own Muse guru! I'm beginning to think Muse is unreliable to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Terry White is presentations guru, but not Muse guru

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines