Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email photos with Thunderbird.

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use LR 6 on MacOS 10.12 and would like to send email with Thunderbird.

I tried two methods:

1) File-> send by email

Thunderbird doesn't appear in the list though it's the default email client in my system.

How could I have it in that list?

2) Export-> After Export menu-> Thunderbird (Export Actions folder)

It works, but it writes one email by photo, though I wish to write a single email with several photos.

How could I get a single email with all the pictures I exported?

Thanks for your answers.

Phil.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

IIRC if you reinstall TB over the top of the current install it should not delete or remove any of your emails. TB stores emails in a different folder, usually in your User Name folder. It is easy to find where they are stored. In the Tools menu item under Accounts go to the sever Settings and at the bottom of that page it lists Local directory. The path to where TB stores all your email is listed there.

Either Macintosh HD or Home (Home is what Apple calls the Username folder).

Profile folder - Thunderbird - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would just do this manually.

Export your photos to a folder of your choice.

Start your email program.

Create the new email message; attach your exported photos.

That said, email is not a good way to send large quantities of data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. What you suggest was the only solution left for me to send me photos with email. So did I.

But, as the option exists in LR and requires less clicks than doing it manually, I wanted to fix it.

And I agree with your opinion on sending heavy attachments: not a good idea! I use email only when I want to send a few photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I am using Windows 7 I am also using Thunderbird as an email client. It does appear in the list for emailing images from LR.

First restart your Mac and test.

Second reinstall TB over the top of the current install of TB.

It seems LR is not seeing it as an install Email client and a reinstall may help register it as such.

Is any email client showing up? Like Apple Mac Mail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.

I restarted my Mac, and nothing changed.

LR doesn't show any email client.

I can't reinstall TB now because I have no backup these days I'll try it later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC if you reinstall TB over the top of the current install it should not delete or remove any of your emails. TB stores emails in a different folder, usually in your User Name folder. It is easy to find where they are stored. In the Tools menu item under Accounts go to the sever Settings and at the bottom of that page it lists Local directory. The path to where TB stores all your email is listed there.

Either Macintosh HD or Home (Home is what Apple calls the Username folder).

Profile folder - Thunderbird - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

You can copy the Profiles folder to some other location just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum post and answers here don't make sense to me?  The posted question is "How do I email photos with Thunderbird from within lightrioom (Menu : File -> Email Photo...)".  The posted answer does not answer this question and does not make sense in the context of the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do use Thunderbird (WIndows-10  LR-Classic-8) and it works successfully.

However, trying to get an answer for you,  I just tried to open the Email Account Manager and Lightroom crashes every time so I have posted my 'problem' report over at- Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

You would need to set up Thunderbird in the Email Account Manager, but as I cannot get to it I currently cannot give exact steps.

View this short video from Julianne Kost-

Emailing Photos from Lightroom - YouTube

or read this article from Laura Shoe-

https://laurashoe.com/2012/04/12/how-to-email-photos-directly-from-lightroom-4/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines