• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate Won't 'Save' files and Corrups the Existing file.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, out of nowhere the program has been giving me this message...

error.JPG

When I save as another name it corrups the file.

I've re-installed the program multiple times. It's completely debilitating and I've had to ask for extra time from a client!

I have no idea why Adobe don't offer live support for Animate. It's very irritating!

I hope you can help soon!I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Adam.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

I knid of understand now.

I reinstalled off a hard drive onto my main harddrive.

I'm guessing the old harddrive's permissions are a little messed up because I've given it read/write perms but Adobe still won't save over files only save them a new, and even that messes up sometmies. I'll just save to my main hard drive if there's no actual fix you can think of? I doubt adobe support would be very helpful as it's a very specfic set of circumstances.

Thanks kglad, and I'll mark as helpful.

Adam.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

create a new directory on your desktop.

create a new fla and save it to the new desktop directory.

close and fla and then reopen it.

any problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There dosent seem to be yet. saved it a few times and no error!

Why is that?

Thanks kglad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's hard to say.

but you should be able to create a directory on any non-restricted area that you want use to save your files.  you don't have to use a desktop directory.

(p.s when using the adobe forums, please mark helpful/correct responses, if there are any.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knid of understand now.

I reinstalled off a hard drive onto my main harddrive.

I'm guessing the old harddrive's permissions are a little messed up because I've given it read/write perms but Adobe still won't save over files only save them a new, and even that messes up sometmies. I'll just save to my main hard drive if there's no actual fix you can think of? I doubt adobe support would be very helpful as it's a very specfic set of circumstances.

Thanks kglad, and I'll mark as helpful.

Adam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had the same issue and this worked for me, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Loygee 

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been running into this issue lately. I try saving it not only under a different name but also on a different hard drive. Then it doesn't work and I have no choice but to quit the program and the file is corrupted. I now am saving it two different locations regularly in case this happens again (which it has) because one day last week I lost several hours worth of work. Is Adobe working to fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences -

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/kb/re-create-preferences-flash-professional.html

(or remove Win:  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC 2017\ and

C\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Animate\2017\

Mac:   /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Animate CC 2017/ and

/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Animate/2017/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do preferences have to do with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they may be corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I can not save a .fla file on my Macbook Pro (High Sierra v. 10.13.6) in Adobe Animate CC version 18.0.2

I tried re-installing Animate, also older versions of it.

I tried re-installing MacOS.

I tried setting permissions of a folder where I want to save it.

I did a Disk utility check in recovery mode, everything ok.

I've reset the preferences of Animate.

The only thing that works is saving as a *.xfl file. But this is not a solution because when I do "control>test" (command Return), it tries to save .TMP.fla in the Library/Application Support folder, but saving a .fla file seems not to work and causes the error.

Does anyone have a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution that worked for me.

I have reset my Home Folder Permissions, found instructions here: https://appletoolbox.com/2016/07/fix-corrupt-user-accounts-macos/

So for me it was only a MacOS problem, Animate works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any insight on this Adobe?

I have lost hours of work because of this issue. Please fix it or give legitimate help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh. Right. Oops.

I was able to find a temporary file that recovered my work and saved that as a new file.

Then the same issue occurred after a few hours ... so I went back and found the temporary file again but didn't save it because I thought it might corrupt it and wanted to open and close Animate CC.

Which seems to be a mistake. I think it deleted that temporary file and now I'm only left with the corrupt .fla. Do you know if the temporary file was moved somewhere/is recoverable? Or am I just shit out of luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

search your computer for fla files.

and start saving your fla's with increasing version numbers appended.  i made a jsfl that automatically appends _v000, _v001 etc to the flas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines