Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why can't I put my captions where I want

Engaged ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC on a Mac.

I'm having a little problem that is making me crazy. Why can't I close up the distance between the photos and captions in the attached? They act as if they are snapping to a grid, even though I have "align to none" chosen in the caption paragraph style. The images are set to text wrap, with no offset above and below; the captions are part of the flowing story (i.e. not in separate text boxes attached to the photos). The "space above" for the paragraph style applied to the captions is zero; likewise, the "space below" for the paragraph style applied to the text before the image/captions is also set to zero.

Test.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the images inline? Anchored? Just sitting on the page?

Without really seeing the file and styles, it's impossible to say but this is not the way to do this.

The captions should at the very least be grouped with the images and then those groups could be anchored to move with the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I permitted to upload the actual ID file to this site?

The images are anchored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Package it, zip it and put it in a dropbox folder. Post a link to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Humm!  You would need to better understand what is an "anchoring"!

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ll stick with my original answer. Group the caption with image, then anchor it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reading up right now on how to create captions using the metadata. Is that what you have in mind?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It’s certainly a nice feature but not really the answer to this issue. If you group the caption with the image you’ll have far better control. It’s that simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines