• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which windows 10 version for Adobe CC?

Engaged ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to build up a new editing system for after effects and premiere pro CC. I was now wondering which win 10 version I shall go with? Home 64bit seem to be completely fine. Pro offers a variety of additional features that I will never use. So in terms of performance I incline to stick to the home version. Or is the pro version somehow faster?

Really appreciate your feedback.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

"Automatic updates" mean the various patches, security fixes and bug fixes that get downloaded and installed even while you're using the PC. In Windows 10 Home there is absolutely no way at all whatsoever to disable this, although you can postpone the forced reboots.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, it depends in large part on how much physical system RAM that you're going to install on that PC. If you are sure that you will never install more than 128 GB of RAM in your PC, and you are willing to be forced to accept automatic Windows updates whether you want them or not, then Windows 10 Home is fine. But if you're going to install more than 128 GB of RAM down the road, or if you don't want Windows to update automatically, you'll have to get Windows 10 Professional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Meaning windows 10 forces me to do upgrade in the home edition? That is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Automatic updates" mean the various patches, security fixes and bug fixes that get downloaded and installed even while you're using the PC. In Windows 10 Home there is absolutely no way at all whatsoever to disable this, although you can postpone the forced reboots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I'll go pro then.

Do you know any good speed up advises to get most out of win 10? I read a lot about unneeded features etc. On win 7 there where serveral ways for tuning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i heard the option to disable updates in pro was being removed. i think you can still schedule them, so windows won't try to update and reboot during work hours etc. i think the pro version also offers a different update branch option that is suppose to be more stable. its suppose to be a month or so behind normal updates, so any updates causing problems they can fix or remove from this more stable branch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines