Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting error - what is this?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I've been working on a project for my grandmother to make an animated slide show with some pictures she gave me, so I did all I needed in Photoshop, and have started working in After Effects CC 2015.3

I just ran into a problem and I don't know how to explain this:

error.JPG

This is what happened after I exported in Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015.3

And this is what it's supposed to look like:

original.JPG

BUT, here's what's strange. This just recently started happening. I have a total of 12 Photoshop documents I'm working on at the moment.

I exported 6 of them already, and they came out perfectly fine with no errors. It just started once I got to image 7. I thought maybe that one just got corrupted so I went ahead and tried image 8 and this happened again. And I tried image 9, and this happened yet again. I don't know why, I don't know what it means, and I don't know how to fix it, but I can't continue this project as of now.

I was just exporting to match high bit-rate, because I didn't want to change anything for now. But I didn't change any settings at all from when I exported the first 7. They are all exactly the same settings, they where all made in the same way, yet this just started happening for some reason once I got to image 7.

As a test, I tried exporting to just a quick time player and it plays in that, but I don't want it for quick time though. I was going to put them all into Premiere after this.

I really just wanna know what the heck this means and why it just randomly started happening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

1. I meant the player (VLC, Quicktime Player), but you obviously mean the format/container/wrapper (.mov)

I believe this is part of what's causing this issue

you are using non-standard frame sizes and I have seen other cases where this is messing up the compression. so before we dig further let me ask you this: its this specific frame size useful for you in any way? the standard playback resolution today for web and video is HD. if you upload this to any sharing platform it will have pillar boxes

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

about this

As a test, I tried exporting to just a quick time player and it plays in that, but I don't want it for quick time though. I was going to put them all into Premiere after this.

• do you mean that your file plays fine in quick-time player but appear distorted in another?

• show us your export video settings in AME full window (maximize so we can see all your settings)

• if you are in a hurry, render a lossless format in Ae (Quicktime animation) and use that in AME and see if that works

• this could be a corrupted media cache. you can try this: go to preferences->media&disk cache and clear both disk cache and media cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roei Tzoref​

1.) Yes that is what I mean. I used the Render Queue though to export it to Quick Time when I was testing different things, and that came out working fine. I need to export it as a regular .mp4 file though, not a Quick TIme. I did a little more playing around, and I tried exporting it as a "YouTube 1080p HD" (with AME)  just because it's a setting I use that often. I figured I could just crop it after, but nope, still comes out weird like that.

2.) This is exactly what I used for every single file, I didn't change anything except the export location:

AME.JPG

The thing is, this SHOULDN'T matter because it is still exactly the same as the first 6 that worked perfectly fine without any issues. It's only affecting the files after 6.

I did a little more experimenting and found out another clue. I re-opened a couple PSD files of the 6 that already worked, and did this same method starting over, and they still all exported fine. I'm getting curious that there may be something wrong with the PSD files themselves on the following files that these layers are coming from. However, I don't know what about it would cause this, because as far as I know, all of my PSD files where saved in the same way because I worked with them all together. Also no settings changed when I put them into AE as a composition either.

3.) I tried you're idea of using the Quick Time clip and exporting that through AME, and somehow, the same result happened! Now that, I REALLY am baffled by because it's not even the PSD layers anymore at that point, which makes my theory above harder to confirm. I'm just so confused. I've never seen a problem like this before.

4.) and the clearing cache didn't work either sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by flushing out the relevant caches in AE and AME and deleting the various temp files that the encoding process sometimes leaves in place. Also check your system settings and the relevant preferences, in particular for audio. Do the same for hardware accelerated encoding in AME and play with the options. As for as source files are concerned, check for things like attached color profiles or other metadata. Even images directly from a camera may contain malformated data that can throw of things...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I meant the player (VLC, Quicktime Player), but you obviously mean the format/container/wrapper (.mov)

I believe this is part of what's causing this issue

you are using non-standard frame sizes and I have seen other cases where this is messing up the compression. so before we dig further let me ask you this: its this specific frame size useful for you in any way? the standard playback resolution today for web and video is HD. if you upload this to any sharing platform it will have pillar boxes on both sizes anyway. so do this - change your composition settings to HD1080 29.97 preset. there are several ways to fit the content to the height (so that 916 at least could be 1080) and try again.

still I have not been able to reproduce this problem in my machine. which makes me think that maybe this is the problem

try changing your renderer  to software only and maybe this is a GPU rendering problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roei Tzoref​

Ok, that first method didn't work unfortunately.

However, I tried changing it to Software Only, and tested a few of them, and they all exported fine! You where right on that I guess, because it's working now. I'm not sure if I always had that on the first 6 and it got changed for some reason, but however that happened, it's working now, so I am REALLY grateful for you investigating this for me. You saved me big time XD

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Try updating your GPU driver. which GPU is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roei Tzoref​

Haha. Well I might sound pretty stupid to you for saying this, but I don't know and I don't know how to find out XD

I use Adobe software often, and I can do a lot with creating things on computers, but I have very little knowledge on what actually makes computers work .-.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

or leave it as is

when dealing with the OS you should know what you are doing, or at least think you do like most of us...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines