• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i have no preview when i went to import my photos

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have recently taken some photos and when i went to import into my light room a few of them have no preview thumbnail and will not import i was wondering if there is any way i can save these as it is of a friends wedding

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have a destination selected in the right panel of the import module. Until a destination is chosen, you won't see the thumbnails.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it only a few of them that wont preview or even import

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need more info.

OS you are using.

Exact version of LR.

Camera make and model.

Are you using a card reader or connecting the camera directly to the computer.

Try a different memory card in the camera.

See if you can copy the images from the memory card to a folder on your hard drive and then import using the Add option.

I suspect you have a faulty memory card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using windows 10 and i am using the latest Lr the camera is a cannon 1200d we are using a card reader and i have tried to copy images to the hard drive of the computer and tried to import them that way but still nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried different memory cards in the camera and then tried importing from them.

It really sounds like you have corrupted images on the card you are using.

Do you have PS, Bridge and ACR installed? If you do try opening the files that won't import into LR with ACR. Do they open/load in ACR? If not then they are corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and if they are corrupted is there any way to save them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

benjaminm19067419 wrote:

and if they are corrupted is there any way to save them

Not that I know of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. My problem was almost similar. I'm using my hard drive (Mac, 10.12.1) and, although LR saw the folder, it wouldn't see the CR2 photos although it had before the recent update. Nor, when I clicked on the photo, would it see LR as an option for opening it but it would when I went to 'Other' as one of the options. I've found, though, that it does see them when I click on Import in Library. I don't now know whether the problem was me or the programme. But, it seems to be OK, now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem was almost similar.

In the future, you would be wise to bring up "almost similar" problems in a new thread. (And your problem isn't really that "similar")

Please state the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom. Please go to Help->System Info and report back the version number of Lightroom shown there.

I've found, though, that it does see them when I click on Import in Library.

This is the recommended way to get photos into LR. If you are trying to import photos via clicking in your operating system, this is not recommended, and for most people it does not work (some people have found they can make this work, I don't know how). So, from now on, you should Import your photos into Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RAsparrow wrote:

Nor, when I clicked on the photo, would it see LR as an option for opening it

LR is NOT a File Browser and does not Open images like a Word processor or Text Editor opens text based files.

For LR to display images those images need to be Imported into the LR catalog file first.

You need to learn how LR works and how to properly work with LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines