• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot insert key to open protected PDF

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two protected PDF with the regular license keys; I can load them on an iPad but cannot enter the key....

When I open the PDF with IOS Adobe PDF I see the first page with the following text

1) This is a protectedpdf document, please enter your license key and click login (gray background)

2) License Key and the typing box

3) Login button

4) next pages of pdf documents  say "This page is protected, to acces this content please click this link to jump to fornt page"  Link is not working....

I haven't  found a way to start typing in the box the license key I have with me. Can anyone help ?

On a PC everything works fine, I can open both files insert the key and read the document.

Thanks Paolo

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi paolo-S​,

Do you know which third-party app was used to add protection to the PDF documents?

Acrobat Reader mobile apps (iOS, Android, and Windows Phone) do not support third-party DRM (Document Rights Management) protected PDF documents. 

Example: "protectedpdf" by Vitrium (not Adobe)

image.png

As a workaround, please use the desktop version of Acrobat Reader on a Windows or Mac computer to open the protected PDF documents.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi paolo-S​,

Do you know which third-party app was used to add protection to the PDF documents?

Acrobat Reader mobile apps (iOS, Android, and Windows Phone) do not support third-party DRM (Document Rights Management) protected PDF documents. 

Example: "protectedpdf" by Vitrium (not Adobe)

image.png

As a workaround, please use the desktop version of Acrobat Reader on a Windows or Mac computer to open the protected PDF documents.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MobileDeveloper CK,

thanks for answer.

I can open both file on PC without any problem using acrobat reader.

Checking on the PC the document properties I found that the protection was  generated with Vitrium Systems - protectedpdf
version 6.2.1.R4189

So I guess this is the answer: unsupported third party plug-in......  Is this something you plan to fix or support in the near term ?

Best regards

Paolo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi paolo-S​,

I am not able to speculate on any future plans for the Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad app.  However, Acrobat Reader mobile apps have not supported any third-party DRM technologies (such as "protectedpdf" by Vitrium Systems) in the past several years.

If you'd like, please submit a feature request using the following online form.

Adobe Acrobat for iPhone and iPad - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Our Product Management team will take your request into consideration for future releases of Acrobat Reader mobile apps.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines