• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported PS Brushes Look Pixelated

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone experienced this? When I import Photoshop brushes into Adobe Sketch, the preview appears pixelated and overall stroke doesn't quite appear correctly when you use it.

Thanks in advance,

IMG_0003.PNG

IMG_0004.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Hi MPeters.

Ah, OK. I think I know what the problem is... Most of Kyle's brushes are .tpl files. The only brushes that can be used in Sketch right now are .abr files.

Let me know if that's not what's going on.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manny,

That doesn't look so good.

Can you try to sync the brushes again via connecting to a different network?

Also, you can try to uninstall and reinstall the Sketch application.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MPeters.

Like Sheena suggested, can you try importing the brushes again. Real quick:

Are you using the 2017 version  of Photoshop CC and dragging your brushes from the Brush Presets palette (not Tool Presets) directly into the Libraries panel?

Let me know, after bringing them into the app again if you have better results.

Sue.

And... If you decide to uninstall/reinstall Sketch, please first make sure your projects are synced to Creative Cloud by logging in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheena Kaul​, Sue Garibaldi​

I'm using Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 v18.0.1 (Mac)

I've tried the following:

• Delete & reinstall Adobe Sketch on my iPad Pro
  • Delete brush, reimport at various sizes (and different names, in the off chance the file wasn't getting refreshed in the Cloud)
  • Brushes are dragged from the Brush Presets tab to my Libraries tab.

So far I'm still getting the same problem. I can't switch to a different network because there is no others available to me at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MPeters.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps how they're being saved in Photoshop CC. Can you try something for me? Here's a set of Ps brushes by Kyle Webster (Adobe Creative Cloud). Can you save them to your CC Libraries and see if you have the same problem with pixelation?

To save them just click on the link, then sign in with your Adobe ID to assets.adobe.com (that's where the link will take you), and click on the Save link in the upper right hand corner of the page. That will save them to your Libraries and you'll be able to access them from Sketch. (Just in case you need it... here's a Spark tutorial for how to add Kyle's brushes: Paint with Kyle’s Photoshop Brushes​).

Let me know if you have the same trouble with his brushes.

Also, one more question: What version of Sketch are you using? (Tap Settings in the lower nav, then from the menu that opens, About Sketch.)

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I already have those brushes for Sketch, and they work just fine—the thumbnail previews and strokes look perfect.

The brushes that I'm trying to import into Adobe Sketch happens to be another series of brushes created by him for Photoshop, coincidentally.

The version of Adobe Sketch I'm using is v4.0.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MPeters.

Ah, OK. I think I know what the problem is... Most of Kyle's brushes are .tpl files. The only brushes that can be used in Sketch right now are .abr files.

Let me know if that's not what's going on.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct me if I am wrong, but cannot you simply convert .tpl to .abr? When you click on the Tool preset, the settings are loaded into the Brush Palette. I can simply save it as a Brush Preset, and then export the .abr file, correct?

Also, when I recreate the brush from scratch in Photoshop using just the Brush Palette (without using any .tpl preset whatsoever), save to my CC Library, or export it as an .abr file, the exact same thing happens. The preview, and brush stroke, are still pixelated.

This doesn't make any sense. How did Kyle port his brushes to Sketch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MPeters.

Kyle created that one set specifically for Sketch when we released the new feature in the app. I'm not much of a Photoshop user so I'm not quite sure how he creates them.

I did discuss this with one of the Sketch engineers; I'll share with you what he said:

* First, the preview is generated by Photoshop; we just present it in Sketch  I'm not sure why it would be pixelated, but that would have happened when exporting the brush from Photoshop into the library. It's unlikely to have happened in Sketch.

* Regarding the pixelated look of the brush stroke, this might just be a limitation of Sketch right now. I have improvements coming in the next version of Sketch that could help a lot here, though.

* A few important questions: Is this happening with any/every brush, or just one/few brushes? Please ask him to try a brush that looks different (not just another very similar inker, for instance). Also, does the brush look okay when selecting it from the library in Photoshop?

* If he can share a link to his brush library that would help me investigate further. If you want to send me a link to the brush library that you're having trouble with, you can email it to me through Sketch's in-app feedback (tap Settings then Send Feedback) I can forward that to him.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines