Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Favorites tab topics...

Aug 04, 2008 Aug 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so everthing is working relatively well now ... solved that "... invalid tag" message problem by putting both merged projects into a "Help" book.

Now, about that "Favorites" tab ... I selected a couple of topics in each of the merged projects to go onto the Favorites tab, but when I call the Main Project, they don't show up. Shouldn't they?

Thanx!
Lon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 04, 2008 Aug 04, 2008
Hi, Lon,

I'm afraid not. Each help file maintains an independent list of favorite topics, which aren't combined together in a merged help collection. This isn't necessarily a problem, however. If your users are likely only to open the master help file, they can still add to its favorites list topics that are in the slave help files. What they can't do is open the slave files directly, add topics to the favorites lists for those files, and then expect those topics to show up in the master's favo...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Lon,

I'm afraid not. Each help file maintains an independent list of favorite topics, which aren't combined together in a merged help collection. This isn't necessarily a problem, however. If your users are likely only to open the master help file, they can still add to its favorites list topics that are in the slave help files. What they can't do is open the slave files directly, add topics to the favorites lists for those files, and then expect those topics to show up in the master's favorites list.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, Pete!

Actually, makes perfect sense, now that I think about it...

Lon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp