• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Light Room Install Dilema

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if I have any recourse with the Adobe Light room software I bought today at Staples? In the recent past, I had downloaded and installed it successfully so now I decided to buy the full deal at a store. However, when I put the disk in to install it, it says I cant do it because I need a 64 bit system, and all of my computers are 32 bit. I know, I should have read the fine print on the back of the box; it does say what the system requirements are. But because I was able to do the free trial version, I did not think this problem would arise. It cost me over $200 and I would like to know if there is anything I can do to install it on my laptop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Not sure which version you downloaded and installed as a trial but as stated above both LR 6 and CC 2015 (Actually the same exact version, just different sign in systems) need a 64 bit OS. Even if it was the trial of either of those versions it would still need a 64 bit OS.

Are you in the USA? I ask because LR 6 full version only costs $149 + Tax if applicable. So I have no idea how you paid over $200 for something that only cost $149 retail directly from Adobe.

If Staples has a return policy on s

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say what version of Lightroom you bought. If it is lightroom 6 or Lightroom CC 2015, then it will not run on a 32 bit operating system. Nothing you can do to change this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. I got LR 6 CSGN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure which version you downloaded and installed as a trial but as stated above both LR 6 and CC 2015 (Actually the same exact version, just different sign in systems) need a 64 bit OS. Even if it was the trial of either of those versions it would still need a 64 bit OS.

Are you in the USA? I ask because LR 6 full version only costs $149 + Tax if applicable. So I have no idea how you paid over $200 for something that only cost $149 retail directly from Adobe.

If Staples has a return policy on software you should return it for 2 reasons.

1) You paid to much for it.

2) It won't run  on the computers you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with tax, it is $241.00 at Staples in Canada. I guess I can either install a 64 bit version of Windows on one of my machines, or get another machine that has what i need. I actually did download the trial version before I bought the disk today, and it installed and ran just fine on my 32 bit lap top. I am not sure why, but thats what happened. I just uninstalled it last week and bought the disk today to reinstall a licensed copy from the disk as I am not able to download big amounts right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then your notebook has a 64 bit OS on it. If it's Windows go to control panel, System and it will tell you what bit version the OS is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After more investigation, I realized that the Light Room version I had was the cloud version, so that explains why I made this error as indicated in the OP

I hope that others will read this and learn from it. There is a difference in system requirements for Adobe Cloud Applications. You can install them on slightly earlier versions of OS software.

Thank you to anyone who replied and tried to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

davidb97158124 wrote:

After more investigation, I realized that the Light Room version I had was the cloud version, so that explains why I made this error as indicated in the OP

I hope that others will read this and learn from it. There is a difference in system requirements for Adobe Cloud Applications. You can install them on slightly earlier versions of OS software.

Thank you to anyone who replied and tried to help.

There is NO Difference between the 2 versions of the newest LR.

LR 6, the perpetual license version, and LR CC 2015, the subscription based version, are exactly the program, exact same download, and exact same files get installed on your hard drive. The difference in the 2 versions comes from how you Sign In to the program.

Now if you used the Creative Cloud Desktop App to install a version and then run it as a trial then the CC app saw your computer was only 32 bit and installed Lightroom 5. LR 5 does run on 32 bit computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines