Copied

My custom brush is not showing up in Sketch

IMG_0019.PNG

IMG_0017.PNG

However, I can see it here

IMG_0018.PNG

IMG_0016.PNG

Please advise....

Additionally, can I use the bucket tool in Sketch to fill in a certain area with the custom brush?

Thank you in advance for your prompt response.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Hi Tatyana.

Sorry. I should have noticed this before... You're in the wrong menu. You're in the menu for color themes. Not brushes. To get to the Brushes menu, press-and-hold on any brush in the tool set (double-tapping brings up the Color menu).

Here's where you should be:

Brushes.jpg

Let me know if it's still not showing.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tatyana.

It's difficult to tell from the screenshot, but I suspect it's because your brush in Capture isn't saved as a "Sketch" brush. Let me explain... When you create a brush in Capture, you have to select what tool you are going to target. If your ultimate goal is to use the brushes in Sketch, then you'll need to limit yourself to the Sketch-targeted brushes when you get to the Style section. When you save a brush, you're taken to a screen where it can be edited/named). It's also where you can see which brush work with each application.

Double check your brush:                                                                                                                                                                                 Go into Capture CC and choose the brush

Tap the edit icon (square with a pen); that will open a visual list of brushes

To use the brush in Sketch, make sure you've chosen a "Sketch" brush (tap the circle to check it) and Save. It will save to your library as a Sketch brush and as soon as it syncs you should be able to open it there.

About a fill tool: there's not yet one in Sketch. But the team is working on creating one.

Let me know if that's what's going on with your Capture brush.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

its not working

Cloud

IMG_0026.PNG

Capture

IMG_0025.PNG

IMG_0022.PNG

Sketch

IMG_0027.PNG

IMG_0028.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tatyana.

Sorry. I should have noticed this before... You're in the wrong menu. You're in the menu for color themes. Not brushes. To get to the Brushes menu, press-and-hold on any brush in the tool set (double-tapping brings up the Color menu).

Here's where you should be:

Brushes.jpg

Let me know if it's still not showing.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines