• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile (Android) DNG Capture Time in GMT

Contributor ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest version of Lightroom on my Note 5 and just noticed that the DNG captures are using GMT for the timezone offset in the exif capture time. Here's an example of the exact same image captured once with the Note 5's default camera and once again with the camer in the Lightroom Mobile app. Importing both of these into Lightroom (desktop) shows the same -8hr capture time difference (I'm in the Pacific Standard timezone). It seems that this started happening on captures all the way back to August/2016.

LightroomMobileGMT.jpg

I searched around to see if this had already been reported/commented on, but couldn't find anything. Is this is a known issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

This is a long-standing bug in Android, according to these threads:

Lightroom mobile: Android DNGs time and date are off | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Issue 157238 - android - Incorrect Date on DNG Images from Camera2 API - Android Open Source Project - Issue Tracker …

The last posts in the second thread say the bug is fixed in Android 7.1.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom mobile: Android DNGs time and date are off | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Issue 157238 - android - Incorrect Date on DNG Images from Camera2 API - Android Open Source Project...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw both of these threads before posting and to be honest I immediately thought two things: 1) why doesn't Adobe just do the same as (what I expect) the native Note 5 camera app does when in Pro (RAW) mode (*), and 2) how could this drift along for so long without Adobe fixing it (and/or at least acknowledging it, along with guidance for how to fix) (**)?

* Presumably the native app simply fixes up the capture time's EXIF data if this is truly a Camera2 API bug.

** There will be loads of Android devices that will never get Android 7.1.1 (if this is truly a fundamental Android bug). Is Adobe really going to hamstring these users with a never to be fixed issue, when this is exceedingly simple to fix in the app (detecting the Android version and optionally performing the EXIF fixup is going to be a handful of lines of code, yeesh)?

Is Adobe going to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is primarily a user-to-user forum in which Adobe product developers rarely participate.  Adobe has asked that all feedback and bug reports be posted in the official Adobe feedback forum: Photoshop Family Customer Community .  Adobe does read every post there, and they sometimes reply and acknowledge bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnrellis wrote:

Issue 157238 - android - Incorrect Date on DNG Images from Camera2 API - Android Open Source Project...

I'm sorry, but this isn't the sole issue here and I believe that saying this is the correct answer is a misrepresentation of the issue. Specifically, my Camera FV-5 app generates EXIF data with the correct timestamps (it simultaneously creates .JPG and .DNG files, both with the identical/correct timestamp). Importing these into LRM and viewing also indicates the identical/correct timestamps. Immediately taking the same photo with the LRM camera and importing shows the incorrect timestamp. Clearly the LRM photo app isn't doing what it needs to do to store the correct timestamp (regardless of whether this is actually being "fixed up" in the FV-5 app it's "doing the right thing" and there's no reason LRM shouldn't be doing the same).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you didn't mark the post as "correct", then it must have been one of the Adobe support people who regularly try to mark posts as correct.   But it doesn't have much bearing, since Adobe product developers don't actively participate in this forum.

Your post in the official feedback forum was merged into another on the same topic: Lightroom mobile: Android DNGs time and date are off | Photoshop Family Customer Community .  Adobe has marked that topic as "in progress", meaning they are actively working on it.  Usually, such topics are addressed in the next release or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines