• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to darken the bright part of the video

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats the best way of darkening the bright parts of a video without trying to darken the other parts of the video?

ive been playing around with levels and stuff but idk what im doing so cant seem to do it

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

it appears you uploaded the footage AFTER you did some color correction? (I hope so).

this would fall under the umbrella that is secondary color correction. while you can do this in Ae, Premiere would be a good option too - on both you can use the Lumetri color effect. here's a guide: How To: Using Lumetri Color’s HSL Secondary controls in Premiere Pro CC | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

in HSL Secondary you set you matte based on color or luma range - here you will only need luma. these are the par

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us the footage so we can be specific and say exactly how you want it to look like Visually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's video, hopefully it shows OneDrive

Basically want to make it so the window part of the picture isnt as bright

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it appears you uploaded the footage AFTER you did some color correction? (I hope so).

this would fall under the umbrella that is secondary color correction. while you can do this in Ae, Premiere would be a good option too - on both you can use the Lumetri color effect. here's a guide: How To: Using Lumetri Color’s HSL Secondary controls in Premiere Pro CC | Creative Cloud blog by Ado...

in HSL Secondary you set you matte based on color or luma range - here you will only need luma. these are the parameters I set

now you set a mask for just the window and set the compositing feature to use this mask

now set the contrast parameter or the mid tone contol or both

more about HSL Secondaries in Lumetri here: Color grading workflows in Adobe Premiere Pro CC

this is only color correction and it has it's limits, if you want outside to be nightime for real with moon and stars you can composite it in photoshop and use the same technique but this time use the matte for the CG and not the video itself..

if you happen to have a RAW version of this 4k video, I would restore some of the highlights and shadows using Camera RAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i know this has been a long time, havent been able to get to it cause i dont have the time

how did u do what was done in image 2 where you created a mask that links to the effect, cause i only know how to make a normal mask, cant get 1 that shows "mask option 1" in the composition section. i am doing it using AAE and trying to follow along with the s/s

if u still have that done, do u mind sending me the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ive recently been trying to make my video into like a certain color like what i tried to do here trueblue - Sendvid

since u really know your stuff, im wondering if u have any idea how to get a much brighter color effect more pleasant to the eye like the bright blue shown on something like this https://www.templatemonster.com/demo/59261.html ...except obviously it wouldnt be an image but a video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did u do what was done in image 2 where you created a mask that links to the effect, cause i only know how to make a normal mask, cant get 1 that shows "mask option 1" in the composition section. i am doing it using AAE and trying to follow along with the s/s

this feature is available since CC2014. what version do you have?

here I demonstrate how to do this briefly here at 7:47

After Effects 2015.3 - My Favorite Features - YouTube

im wondering if u have any idea how to get a much brighter color effect more pleasant to the eye like the bright blue shown on something like this https://www.templatemonster.com/demo/59261.html ...except obviously it wouldnt be an image but a video

how did you get the first result you show here? many ways to create a certain look. first color correct your image and make it balanced (it's easy with lumetri as of CC2015.3 - use the WB selector

then you can decide how you want to grade your image. set the references side by side near your Ae window so you can carefully see. you can apply the tint effect to the video, or use a solid with the bright blue on top and set it to screen or hard light blend mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i will look at your demonstration

i have the AE CC so i think that means its automatically the latest version

I got the color effect in that video i showed by using the "fast color corrector", but i obviously still have the original file that was sent in original post so i can always work with that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the AE CC so i think that means its automatically the latest version

on windows click help->about after effects or on Mac after effects-> about after effects.

I got the color effect in that video i showed by using the "fast color corrector"

you are referring to premiere, I was referring to After effects. you can achieve the result with this tool as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alright this is awesome, i was able to get very similar results as what uve shown

thanks a lot for the help as always

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great. be a sport and mark the first response as correct (for the original question) so that other's will find the answer quickly. also, I am close to getting another equalizer bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

did it, i think there were some other threads in the past u helped me with that i forgot to mark the correct answer for, ill go ahead and do that as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines