• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom "reduced functionality".

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a CDROM for Lighroom 6 from Amazon about a month ago. It installed fine the first time.... but I had to reinstall following a complete PC restore from a backup and now I get a lot of problems when I start the prog.  For a while I couldn't seem to register the S/N. That now appears to be OK but whenever I start the prog I get "Lightroom will open with reduced functionality. Please go to Help -> "Manage My Account" to purchase a membership to continue using Lightroom."

Any helpm would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow, you are running Lightroom CC and not Lightroom 6. Please follow these instructions:

How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am...... but thanks so much for the prompt reply. I can only get as far as point (4) in the link..... when I enter the s/n I get a dialogue box telling me  "Please connect to the internet and retry..... Your computer seems to be offline....", which of course it isn't; I've reached this point several times over the last few days!  Disabling my security prog doesn't make any difference, I just can't get past this point.  I don't know why I have the Creative Cloud prog installed..... I've tried to uninstall it but get a message saying it's needed for other installations (presumably Lightroom CC, I don't have any other Cloud progs).

Maybe a complete un/reinstall from the CDROM is required, maybe without Creative Cloud installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried all of the suggestions in this link, ie disabling security, Safe Mode, etc. all with the same result as described above. I have spent hours pouring over the adobe website and the forums so reckon I've exhausted all the usual possibilities.

So I uninstalled Lightroom but when I try to reinstall it I now get a new problem..... "We've encountered the following issues: Installer failed to initialize. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem." When I follow the link and search for the 'failed to initialize' issue I'm told to un/reinstall Creative Cloud... but when I try to uninstall I get the message "Couldn't uninstall Creative Cloud for desktop.  You still have Creative Cloud applications installed on your computer that require it.".

I couldn't find any way around this.... but fortunately I backup daily so was able to make a full hard disk restore from yesterday and am now back at the "computer offline" problem, which I know it isn't because I can access websites and successfully ping Adobe. Logic might suggest that the problem may be with Creative Cloud but since I can't uninstall it I can't solve it.

Sorry about the long post but I really have tried all I can think of or find in the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably want to download the installer direct from Adobe instead of the CD-ROM version.

Go here and download the 6.0 installer and install and then use the updated to go to 6.8 Install Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jao vdL.... this seemed like a good logical route in, but the problem turns out to be the same.... the installer installs the CC version, and when I come to register I get a d/box telling me "Unable to Validate Serial Number" because I'm offline, which of course I'm not.  I've tried various ways of installing, e.g install the trial first.... but always get stuck at the same point.  So I always end up with the CC version with "limited functionality".

It may be worth mentioning again that all was once working fine until I needed to reinstall, and I can still see the product s/n registered in my account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to all who chipped in here, however I really think it's time to get Adobe to solve it, anyone know how? The only way I can find on the website is via chat, but this 24/7 service is permanently closed!  Anyone have an email address or telno?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines