• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple colored dots and lines in photos

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with Lightroom showing colored lines and pixels in my images. The clipping warning is off, and have tried every setting i can find. I have even switched video cards. This only happens in Lightroom on my PC. My MacBook works fine. The photos look fine everywhere else. If anyone has any ideas, please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screen capture of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks Like that. Real Frustrating. Like i said, they only show up in my pc lightroom. They also move around if i close the photo and open it again. the colored distortions will be in different places

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom? What camera took these? Are they RAW? Is this a Canon Dual Pixel photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was taken with a Nikon D5300. The pics you see are raw .NEF files, but JPEGs do the same thing. No dual pixel or anything like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newest update. CC 2015.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yellow-histogram.png

Your screenshot shows a brownish cast in the gray areas of the histogram (as well as in the image itself), which is a sure indicator of a defective monitor profile.

It's possible that this could be causing the colored dots as well.

As a (temporary) fix, set the monitor profile to sRGB (Adobe RGB if you have a wide gamut monitor).

You should then ideally calibrate the monitor with a hardware calibrator.

Press the Windows key+R, type colorcpl in the box, and hit Enter.

Add the sRGB profile, then set it as Default profile. See screenshot (from Windows 7) below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add another data point...

If you have the GPU optimization turned on in the Preferences dialog (Performance tab), what happens if you turn it off?

Just for the fun of it, can you link us to an unedited NEF file so we can see what you are seeing?

You will need to use Dropbox.com or Google Drive or the like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually to me it looks more like Sensor Problems. Especially if those same dots are showing up in the JPG images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines