• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change in how file are viewed in Library

Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have they changed the way things are viewed in lightroom library.

I am used to seeing the original image and the edited images side by side in lightroom Library, But I have noticed that only the edit images now shows in the library only.

I was editing my file _PTE8028.NEF added a little colour.  Prior to the update I would see the original Image with the original file name, then I would see the edited version next to it.  So I wanted to do a before and after shot, so that I can compare the two images. However only the edited image is present and when I go to compare it automatically compares the edited image to the next file _PTE8029.NEF.

The reason I wanted to compare the original to the edited is to see if I did too much editing to the original and now I cant do that because only the edited image is displayed in the Library and no both the original image and edited image.

Can anyone offer any advise on this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

I am used to seeing the original image and the edited images side by side in lightroom Library, But I have noticed that only the edit images now shows in the library only.

I have used LR since LR 2, and this has never been the way images have been displayed in the Library Module (unless you take some heroic steps to make this happen).

The reason I wanted to compare the original to the edited is to see if I did too much editing to the original and now I cant do that because only the edited image is

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used LR since LR 2, and this has never been the way images have been displayed in the Library Module (unless you take some heroic steps to make this happen).

The reason I wanted to compare the original to the edited is to see if I did too much editing to the original and now I cant do that because only the edited image is displayed in the Library and no both the original image and edited image.

This is something you do in the Develop Module, not the Library Module. You can do this in any one of a number of ways in the Develop Module, by pressing backslash, or Y or Shift-Y.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You would see an 'edited' version beside the original in the Library module only if you perform one of these actions:

- Send the image to Photoshop or other external editor (edited version will have a "-edit" extension)

- Create a Panorama image from a set of originals

- Create a HDR image from a set of original images

- Create a Virtual copy

- If you were shooting in RAW+JPG and have LR set to treat them as separate files then depending on sort method the RAW file will show the JPEG beside it. (which may or may not have editing done to it)

As DJ_Paige mentions you can show the before/after views in Develop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines