• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 7 Demo won't extract

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2008 Feb 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded and run AdobeRobohelp7_WWEFGJ.exe on two different XP SP2 machines and a Vista virtual machine. The same problem occurs in the exact same way:

1. The "Extract RoboHelp 7" window opens, with the message "Please wait while the downloaded files are being extracted." The progress bar finishes.
2. An error message appears: "A problem occurred while extracting the archive. Please try downloading the Extract Adobe RoboHelp 7 again."
3. I have re-downloaded it for each failed installation, and nothing has helped.

How do I get past this? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2008 Feb 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry for the slow response but I think it is because we don't have an answer.

Could it be the download is being messed with by a corporate firewall? The file size should be 533954K.

Can you extract it with AV software disabled? You can virus check it first if you are concerned.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2008 Feb 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, the file size I have is 401637. I will try to obtain it away from our corporate firewall, and report back. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2008 Aug 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Peter,

I am having a similar problem to Scott. My error is:

'A problem occurred while extracting some files. Check available space on your computer and the write privileges on the destination folder.'

I have plenty of free space on my drive. The file permissions are fine as far as I can tell. Second time I got this failure, I accepted the default install location so the extractor would set the file permissions.

I've downloaded the file twice. One thing in your message to Scott was you mentioned a file size of 533954. Has this changed since Feb? My file size (both times) is 424331.

Any help would be greatly appreciated before I give myself a concussion from banging my head on my desk. It hasn’t been a good chm day!

-- Kit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, rude of me not to close up the thread.

My particular problem was solved by downloading the file away from our corporate firewall. I never did go back to figure out what exactly the problem was, but the file size Peter quoted was correct at the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't add anything to the previous information. Suggest you download somewhere else other than behind your firewall. The file size is wrong so that is the most likely cause.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2008 Aug 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Some corporate firewalls strip out "banned" file types so you get a partial download. Not surprisingly, that will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp