• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hello, I am very new to website designing and Muse. I created a website and I have two issues. 1- when I look at it on my phone it displays differently than on the design page or the desktop version. One of the paragraph headers is higher and over other t

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

sandralucas8008 wrote:

Hello and thank you for taking the time.

The URL is www.sourceconstructioncorp.com

I only have this issue on the phone version btw.

I am unable to take a screen shot but maybe can do it from another computer later 🙂

The latest page = image 2 and four are cropped at the bottom of there frames

The specialties page = in line text links... A bad idea on phone layouts but not major

The giving back page = footer (copyright) set wrong and header bar set too high

The contact us page = he

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and over the other text. Also it gives me a message that files are either missing or incorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sandra,

Could you please help me with the URL of your site and some screenshots displaying your issue?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to take a screen shot but maybe can do it from another computer later 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please give the name of those pages creating this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It actually pops up when I go to every page from my phone.

Also I am working on another website in Muse, that one is not yet published. I am sure I am missing something and that I am doing something wrong but can't figure out what it is. This is btw a theme called Purebase by Style Wish.

I have a page without a master. I have a dark rectangle in the background behind images, that goes to the bottom of the page. It is covers the footer. When in preview there is a much longer page than the one seen in design and the bottom of it is white. I looked to see if I had an invisible element I had put there by mistake but such is not the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sandralucas8008 wrote:

The latest page = image 2 and four are cropped at the bottom of there frames

The specialties page = in line text links... A bad idea on phone layouts but not major

The giving back page = footer (copyright) set wrong and header bar set too high

The contact us page = header and footer set wrong... Is the bar pinned?

The blog page = content is out side the design limits... 801 phone number is above the menu layer

The reviews page = Hugh delay in load times... "Since our inception" text looks out side the design limits

The about page = white background area with text is set wrong... Minor issue

The home page = in line text links and "commercial" text area needs space... Drop the responsive image at the top... Drop menu at the bottom is pointless extra code

Your dns failed to redirrect my windows phone to your /phone layout instead of the desktop

http://www.sourceconstructioncorp.com/phone/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for all this! If you don't mind I'd like to clarify some things to make sure that I am doing it correctly.

1- replace image 1 & 4 with images that are not cropped at the bottom of their frames

2- remove any text links from phone layouts

3- fix copyright in footer and fix header bar

4- set header and footer properly and pin bar

5- Put content of blog page within design limit and set 801 phone number below menu layer

6- Not sure what to do about long load time - reset since inception within design limits

7 - set white background properly on About page

8- I am not understanding what to do with the home page in terms of text area needing space and "Drop the responsive image at the top... Drop menu at the bottom is pointless extra code"

9- Not sure what to do with this - do I contact the hosting service? (could you advise pls?) "Your dns failed to redirrect my windows phone to your /phone layout instead of the desktop"

I appreciate your time and help. This is a huge learning curve and I want to make sure that I am getting it correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One more question? Are we talking about the phone layout here only or the desktop layout also?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines