• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC 2017: Can't find how to search for a specific tag

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous versions of DW allowed me to use search and replace on a specific tag. Example:

Find the tag "td" with attribute "colspan"

Remove attribute

Did this not make it into the new version?

Thanks, Patty

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Assuming they haven't accidentally removed the Regular Expressions from DW, you could check out this page: Using regular expressions – Part 1: Understanding the basic building blocks | Adobe Developer Connection it should give you the info you need to conduct the search you're going for.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, yes, that would work on this example. I should have used a better example:

I need to search for the td tag with attribute data-sheets-value with ANY value, and remove the attribute.

Patty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming they haven't accidentally removed the Regular Expressions from DW, you could check out this page: Using regular expressions – Part 1: Understanding the basic building blocks | Adobe Developer Connec... it should give you the info you need to conduct the search you're going for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it’s been removed. We are looking at ways to bring back the functionality, please stay tuned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I will stay tuned. I use that functionality all the time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTF dudes? That’s kind of an important feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely a much needed tool - please update us when it becomes available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTH really. Reverting back to previous version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please hurry. This is a big problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I need that feature like, yesterday. Maintaining a large site I use this feature regularly. Trying to get regexps to imitate that functionality is not even close to possible workaround. Thanks for pushing this up.

- DK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea when this might be brought back? I echo the general sentiment that this was an extremely useful feature, and the decision to remove it was extremely premature.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update? I need this now and only alternative is hours of mundane manual editing. When will it be fixed? Over 6 weeks since your note.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not soon.  Feature requests won't be released until sometime next year.

In the meantime, drop back to your previous version.

CCPreviousVersions.jpg  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why even this version release it without that functionality? If I wanted to study regular expressions I would use a simple coding app as they're much faster than DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dcp,

We are trying to add regular expressions search back in DW workflows. It will be part of upcoming releases.

Thanks,

Lalita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The entire Search in DW CC2017 is an epic fail.

We used to be able to highlight a block of code, then use the Search feature on it, searching it as code, not as text. No more.

We used to be able to find and change specific tags and parameters. Gone now.

Who does that satisfy? Can we expect future releases of DW to be continually stripped down, so as to not confuse dabblers and dilettantes? And if so, where does that leave web professionals?

So frustrating to be paying an annual subscription for a continually downgraded product. I really like having a split code/design window -- makes it easy to find relevant portions of a page to edit. But with all the problems in this release, I'm starting to think the whole thing is just more trouble than it's worth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We used to be able to highlight a block of code, then use the Search feature on it, searching it as code, not as text. No more.

You can still search  your code.  Just don't use any filters.

We used to be able to find and change specific tags and parameters. Gone now.

It's not gone.  It can be done with RegEx.

I agree the new F&R takes getting used to.  But I think it's still a work in progress.  Be sure to give the team feedback & file your Bug/Feature Requests from the Help Menu.   See screenshot.  That's the only way they will know what people really want.

CC-submitBug.jpg

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right on. Dreamweaver is also so heavy and slow, we've been phasing it out for the last few years now. There are so many other code editors out there that are much less expensive or free that do just as well of a job. Search was one of the main features that kept us using Dreamweaver. Almost every code editor can search using REGEX. Dreamweaver was always supposed to be for non-developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, what do you know - the only feature I ever really used in Dreamweaver is now gone, and has been for some time. Time to uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hold your horses, cowboy.  This is a very old discussion.  And a lot has changed in DW since this topic started. a year ago.  What exactly are you looking for that you cannot find in the current version of DW?

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is shame to remove powerful option, we always using it.

"Serch for spicefic tag" is powerful option Why Deprecated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need it too!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop and Illustrator Adobe keeps old feature when introduce the New one and label the old feature with "legacy" or "Not recommend".

It is stranger the Dreamweaver "find and replace" case, Very stranger to remove it and keep the "find and replace" with no benefits.

Any other solution would not be a substitute for go back to old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abso-LUTE-ley CRUCIAL function! Cannot see using Dreamweaver without it. Use it all the time and only discovered it was wiped out by an update when really needed it. This is not good dev practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines