• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Editing an "Adobe Draw" Project in "Illustrator on the Desktop"

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both my friend and I have Adobe Cloud accounts.

I have the latest software with Adobe CC paid account, not sure what she has other than an Adobe Cloud account an Adobe Draw on her iPad.

My friend created an Adobe Draw file on her iPad.

She shared the link with me by creating a Public link which she sent to my email and I am allowed to edit it.

I opened the link, and clicked, Save to Creative Cloud.

I opened the file in Adobe Draw on my iPad, edited it, and sent to my desktop Illustrator CC.

When I double click on the file to open it in Adobe Illustrator (on my desktop), it says:

"The file is in a format which cannot be placed".

When I hit "okay", it opens the file in Adobe Illustrator (on my desktop), and I can see all the layers.

But I can only see anchor points if I hold down the Command key as I select an object.

I tried expanding the selection, but no luck.

All the vector properties are gone it seems. Is there any fix for this?

Can people just not share Adobe Draw files and have them retain their vector characteristics?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Hi Cruser,

Sending a shared Draw file to Illustrator should open it normally.

There is a random bug that we were seeing when sending Draw work to the desktop using the Mobile Creations tab. I've not heard people having the same problem when sending the work to the desktop, but since it's a shared file, and you can add it again, can you try something for me?

Open the drawing and delete the Background Layer.

Before trying to send it to the desktop again, close Ai.

Let me know if that opens the drawi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cruser,

Sending a shared Draw file to Illustrator should open it normally.

There is a random bug that we were seeing when sending Draw work to the desktop using the Mobile Creations tab. I've not heard people having the same problem when sending the work to the desktop, but since it's a shared file, and you can add it again, can you try something for me?

Open the drawing and delete the Background Layer.

Before trying to send it to the desktop again, close Ai.

Let me know if that opens the drawing normally. If it doesn't, I may want you to share the project with me so I can see if I get the same result.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow Sue, you are awesome! I did not expect a personal reply!

I will try to do what you said and report back. I was getting really bummed about my problem, and then I saw your email… made my day!

Kathleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Sue, I did as you said, but still didn’t work.

I will send you the file.

Kathleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kathleen,

Sounds good. Direct message me the link. Or send it through the in app feedback. By the way, what version of Draw is your friend using? And what version are you using?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you the file, did u get it?

Adobe draw, latest version from App Store ...

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kathleen.

No. I didn't. Where did you send it? (I even checked my junk mail folder.)

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

I sent it on 12/27/16 to jive-737928293-5ewcz-2-5hqxk@adobe-v8.hosted.jivesoftware.com

Let me try sending again…

Kathleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kathleen.

I'm not sure what that link is. Just tap on my name. And from my profile page you can direct message me.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me this solved the problem, so definetely worth a try if you have this problem.
Even though I`m sure my file wasn`t one from Draw but an *.svg from a previous designer, possibly from a completely different software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines