• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Lightroom app workspace color

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i change the workspace color in the Lightroom app? It comes set to unusable black text on almost black background. I want to make the background white so i can actually see the menus and other text.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

In the main Lightroom menu bar go to Lightroom Preferences and select the interface tab. You can make changes there.

See the screen capture.

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 4.43.14 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the main Lightroom menu bar go to Lightroom Preferences and select the interface tab. You can make changes there.

See the screen capture.

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 4.43.14 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using ios laptop yet when I gp tp preferences the menu bar doesnt appear as showen in the picture. I really need to change app background color to light color. Because working on dark colored background doesnt help me to make edits for all white websites. Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 13.13.27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen capture you posted shows you are using the new Lightroom (cloud-based) application, this is the Lightroom Classic forum.

Please post your question in the Lightroom ecosystem cloud-based forum.

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 8.43.57 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The instructions are for the laptop/PC version of Lightroom.  My question is about changing the color of the app on my phone.  There don't appear to be any settings for the phone app.  DdeGannes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unfortunately it is not possible, on iOS at least

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removed trivalent info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actualy the recomended answer to the question is wrong as it only changes the background of where the image is displayed and not colours on the user interface. 

I have been looking fo this answer also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot change the color of the user interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally, an answer that makes sense. I was beginning to think I was blind or dumb. That's too bad because sometimes it's tough to read the small light gray fonts on the dark gray background, especially when one has myopia. But the funny thing is that we can change the whole background area on Adobe Bridge.  Well, whatever. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have trouble distinguishing the menus in the desktop app, your screen calibration is off and you need to recalibrate. If you have trouble reading the menus on a phone and it is an iPhone, the culprit is likely two settings that are on by default on iPhones that severely degrade the image display and they need to be turned off: True tone and night shift. They are in Settings->Display & Brightness. They are supposed to correct for the light in the room and to shift to warmer colors in the evening but in practice they severely degrade the color accuracy and can cause inconsistent contrast. Also make sure the screen is at reasonable brightness there for the room brightness you are in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines