• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A nagging bug in Indesign CC 2017

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This drives me crazy, I wonder if anyone here experiences this as well. Ever so often (and more often than not) when trying to insert new text, or trying to alter existing text boxes, Indesign just freezes for up to 10 seconds. I can't begin to describe how frustrating this is. CC is running on a cleanly installed IOS Sierra Mac, with lots of memory that was diagnosed in a lab to have no technical issues. I deleted the preferences, restarted the computer...nothing works. What the hell is going on? I can't believe I am actually paying an annual subscription to a software I can't work with! CS6 worked like magic, unfortunately for me I "upgraded". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try restoring your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve, but as stated, I already tried that..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I occasionally get a same/similar condition (running under Windows 7; [but I've never seen it on my Windows 10 machine]), when my Display Performance is set (globally) to High Quality. This would seem to indicate that InDesign hangs for a time (I'd agree that 'up to 10 seconds' is a fair characterization) while high-quality re-draws are calculated, because when it starts to happen, setting the Display Performance to Typical (Ctrl/Cmd+Alt+Z) clears it right up. It bears mentioning, for what it's worth, that the Display Performance setting, as it relates to my page-work, only applies to Placed vector graphics, as I almost never have raster images in my layouts. (In other words, I can't comment on what, if anything, would be different with raster images as opposed to vector graphics.)

So, if your Display Performance is set to High Quality, wait for the problem to occur, then use that shortcut to see it you get the same immediate improvement I get. If so, at least you'll know it's related to screen re-draw delay, and not some deeper system issue like font or memory corruption. Let us know.

EDIT: And, I just remembered that you've got GPU support in the Mac version, so you can also try toggling that on/off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John, unfortunately the problem persists no matter what the display performance is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines