• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion Tracking...Text ONLY

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can add Graphics to the motion tracking but I only want TEXT.....example I want to ID a building but do not want a cute graphic to a commercial video.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you do not want "a cute graphic to a commercial video." However you can easily add a title or text to a motion track.

To do this, however, you must create your title (or a title) BEFORE you begin your motion tracking -- then delete it from your timeline. (It will remain in your Project Assets panel. This is a trick I show in my Muvipix.com tutorial.)

Then create your motion track and, in the motion tracking workspace, drag the title from the Project Assets panel (which will be temporarily on the upper RIGHT of the interface) onto the track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve - this is something I've been wanting to do for some time (I tried with PE 13.1 & failed even with ATR's help).

Now I'm working with PE 14.1 on a WIN7 PC.

However I followed your trick above - but in your last sentence you write:

Then create your motion track

Using Motion Tracking I selected an object (the rocky outcrop on the left side of the mountain)

and,in the motion tracking workspace, drag the title from the Project Assets panel (which will be temporarily on the upper RIGHT of the interface)

I confirm that the Project Assets panel appeared on the upper Right...

onto the track.

but onto what track?  In the Expert view I only have my original video clip on the timeline?

Here is the current screen shot:

SShot-MT-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't drag the title to a track on your timeline. You drag it onto the blue of the object you've track with the Motion Tracking tool -- just as you would a graphic.

If you need a tutorial on the Motion Tracking tool, I have one on Muvipix.com. Just go to the Learning section on this page, in the web page's lower left corner.

*** The Muvipix.com Guides ***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve - I watched yout tutorial on the Montion Tracking Tool (3 times).

Back to my video I selected the mountain with the object rracking box & pressed Track Object.

The PC worked for a few seconds & the yellow box appeared (no error message at any stage).

Moving the timeline indicator had the yellow box follow the mountain as the camera panned.

From the Project Assets I selected a simple text item & dragged this onto the yellow box.

Just as in your tutorial the text window opened which I closed without change.

However, as the text item was dragged onto the yellow box that box did NOT turn blue.

When previewing the movie the text remained static on the screen i.e. had not attached itself to the mountain.

I'mprobably missing something trivial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing what you are doing, I don't know what you're doing wrong.

As you saw in the tutorial, when you drag the graphic or clip onto the yellow or blue box, it will lock onto it and follow the box around your video frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok - I've cracked it

Summary: it appears that not only does the video clip have to be selected; the TLI must be positioned at the start of that clip.

Details: Several repeat tries had not met with success.  So I:

1) Started a new project, inserted a single (different clip) of a person walking across a bridge, created a Default Text,

deleted that (but its in the Project Assets), started Motion Tracking, placed the box around the person, dragged

the text from the Project Assets & the box immediately turned blue & the text was attached.  Could adjust size etc.

2) Started a new project, inserted just the clip of the mountain above the forrest & repeated test.  Worked.  Scratched head.

3) When I had originally used Default Text it started a few seconds into the video clip.  On deleteing that text clip I'd

left the TLI where it was (you can see that on my screen shot) before selecting the video clip, Motion Tracking etc.

Repeated same with TLI at start of video clip & Hey Presto - it worked.

I could subsequently trim the front & back of the text clip to start & finish as wanted.

4) To prove the theory I repeated test (2) above but with the TLI a few seconds into the clip.  Failed.

QED.

Anyhow - I'll leave it up to the Original Poster to say whether this has answered his query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines