• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback videos in pse 15 choppy and jerky but not in pse 12

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using PSE 12 for the past few years and finally upgraded to PSE 15. On my first project I uploaded my videos into my project and applied them to the timeline. On playback they stop and stick and then start again so only showing a couple of frames in the video.  So they dont play smooth. I then put the same videos into PSE 12 and they played back beautifully?

The videos are MP4 files and are from my Sony Cybershot HX20V. But they work fine in PSE 12 so it may be a set up issue in PSE 15?

My project settings are here in PSE 15

And this is the setting for the video itself?

This below is the settings in PSE 12 which work fine ?

The only thing I can see is the 25fps in PSE12 and 30 in PSE 15? I changed the setting to Frame but that didnt do any good

my PC is a Packard Bell Windows 8.1 64 bit

I dont think its the PC as everything works fine in PSE 12

Please let me know if you need any more info

Jilly Lowe

UK 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

You should be good to go now, Jilly! You should have a nice, efficient workflow going now.

And be sure to render your timeline (press Enter) whenever you see yellow-orange lines along the top of your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you're editing video in PSE 15 (Photoshop Elements)? More likely you're editing in PRE 15 (Premiere Elements).

In any event, it's clear from your screen shots that your project settings are not matching your video specs.

You also seem to be using a pretty old computer. What processor does that computer have and with how much RAM?

Have you manually gone to Windows Update and ensured you have all of the latest updates, including non-critical updates for your system's drivers?

Finally, when you first add a video the beginning of your timeline, do you see a yellow-orange "render" line above the clip? This is an indication of a mismatch between your projects settings and video specs, which could well account for your playback problems.

RenderLine.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon

I do get the yellow render line. It is green as it has been rendered.

My PC is only three years old and has Windows 8.1?

This is the settings

And with the updates none are available

Look forward to hearing from you

Jilly Lowe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS Steve. It is PRE15 and PSE 15. Sorry about that. Jilly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are seeing the yellow render line, your project is not setting up properly to match your video specs for some reason. Try doing it manually.

Start a new project. On the New Project panel, click Settings and, for your video, select preset for AVCHD/HD 1080 (1440x1080) and click OK. Back on the New Project panel, check the option to Force Settings and then start your new project.

When you add your video to the beginning of this timeline, you should NOT see a yellow-orange render line above the video.

If you do see this render line, we will need more complete specs on your video. We may also need you to open one of your video files in the program Media Info so we can see what it's really made of.

BTW, are you editing NTSC or PAL video? That difference between 25 fps and 30 fps in version 12 and 15 is very significant!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning Steve

The settings show as the below currently

And my videos are showing as the below

You asked me to change to AVCHD/HD 1080 (1440x1080) but I can see 4 different ones?

So I wasnt sure which one to go to as even on my camera settings it doesnt really match up with one?

So I went with the HD 1080i 30 to check and I do see the orange/yellow line still?

Within my camera setting it says I am shooting in MP4 25 but there is an option to shoot in AVCHD  1080 50i / 50p

Hope I have put enough info down for you Steve?

Thanks for your help. I am in the UK so there will be a time difference in when you can see my replys

Jilly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

Just to let you know I changed the settings in my camera to use the AVCHD and added this as a new project. There was the orange/yellow line there and I rendered and it seemed to play ok?  Have I been using the wrong settings for PRE 15 but its ok for PRE 12?

Help!!

Jilly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are in the UK, you are on the PAL TV system rather than the NTSC system.

And now that I know that, you should be using the PAL presets, rather than the NTSC.

Start a new project and, from the Settings, select the preset for PAL HD 1080i, which should show as 1440x1080 25 fps -- which will match your video specs.

I'm not sure why your program is defaulting to NTSC settings. It should know that you are using the European TV standard, based on the country you selected when you installed the program. But that fact may be at the source of some of your problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning Steve

Thank you for your reply

Would it be this one below?

I just cant see one that just says HD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

I have just put my video onto my timeline and I have no yellow line?

So now my settings show as the below

Have I done this correct and should this work ok now?

I have tried a video and its not jumpy?

Jilly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Jilly. But you're getting closer.

Look under PAL/AVCHD and select the HD 1080i 25 option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

Thanks for getting back to me

So I have gone back in and changed the settings to the below?

Hope this is correct?

So now it is showing the below settings and I have ticked the Force selected Project setting on this project>

So I have loaded one of the videos that I originally used (which was jerky and jumpy)

There is no yellow/orange line and it also playing back without any jumps!! Yey!!

Hope I have done everything I need to do now Steve?

I do thank you for all your help and just to let you know that I love your video tutorials on You Tube.

I watch loads of different peoples tutorials about PRE and PSE and some I am unable to watch but if I see one by yourself I know that I will be able to follow along and it will all make sense to me

Thank you for your patience and help

Jilly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be good to go now, Jilly! You should have a nice, efficient workflow going now.

And be sure to render your timeline (press Enter) whenever you see yellow-orange lines along the top of your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines