• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arabic Language support

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2008 Aug 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating arabic chm files... text format it is taking correctly.. but i am not able to get right to left ..like original arabic language

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Right to left languages are not supported.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you sure, Peter? I would swear on a stack of comic books that I saw an advanced window properties window somewhere that had an option for right-to-left....

is it dementia settling in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I was told some time ago.

Best place to check this question would be the Techshoret forum.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could the option you are thinking of be "Right Aligned Text". What is an advanced property but it's not the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found Right to Left Order but I think that is a CHM window property and is dependant on the editor. So whilst CHMs may be able to display content right to left, RH doesn't support, at least that is my conclusion.

I'll see if I can get some clarification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2008 Aug 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Here's what I have been advised.

Right to Left languages can't be edited using RH HTML editor. However, if you use any third party tool for editing HTML files and you don't open the same in the Design view, you should be able to produce an Arabic Help.

I am also told it is possible RH for Word might work and that may handle Right to Left Languages. Note however it is a "might" work.

I guess that window property would be needed in that case.

Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp