• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vertical Sliders in Windows

Advocate ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can someone please tell me what is the last Photoshop version on Windows which does not support vertical sliders?

E.g.

var w = new Window("dialog");

w.s = w.add ("slider", [0,0,20,100]);

w.show();

DB 2016-12-28 at 22.06.30.png

Thank you,

Davide

www.davidebarranca.com

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taken from Peter Kahrel ScriptUI indenpendent documentation:

"On Macs, but not on Windows, you can create a vertical slider simply by setting its width to a smaller value than its height:"

var w = new Window ("dialog");

var slider = w.add ("slider", undefined, 0, 100);

slider.size = "width: 30, height: 300";

w.show ();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 does not support

verticalSliderNotSupportedCS5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks pixxxel schubser​, can you please confirm whether CS6 instead works fine with them, or what is the oldest version that supports them? I only have CC 2017 on Win10 virtualized with Parallels, and would rather prefer not to clog the virtual machine with the whole suite of versions, from CS6 up.

Kukurykus​, Peter Kahrel targets chiefly InDesign – I've attached an image of PS CC 2017 from Windows, which proves vertical sliders work 🙂 BTW I've got in touch with him, and he confirms that it's a Photoshop-only thing (Win ID still doesn't support them). I logged that feature request in the past years, and I haven't discovered but very recently (this night) that it's been actually implemented.

Thank you,

Davide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw in his documentation comments something he got to know thanks to you. For sure he mentioned your name

Tomorrow at work I check how it works in CS6 if I won't forget. Now I can say that here with CS 5.1 I tested it probably at same time what @pixxxel schubser and got the same result he posted.

UPDATE: It's not better at work in CS6 than that was in home in CS5.1 (both Windows of course).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

supported in CC2015

verticalSliderSupportedCC2015.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

None as I know upto and including CS6, you would use a "scrollbar" instead. They only work on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines